Standard MS tier doesn't work - infinite 404 loop RRS feed

• Question

• So I needed to use Azure CDN for images for a website. The origin is Azure storage (same region, with a path '/images'). I created a Standard MS tier profile and an endpoint. Then I tried to open this kind of URL in a browser 'https://whatever.azureedge.net/back/Full%20HD%20-%20back.jpg'. But I got this:

>> https://whatever.azureedge.net/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/pages/404.html/back/Full%20HD%20-%20back.jpg

I checked container permissions, all good.

ok, let's create a Verizon endpoint - not Azure problem but all Verizon *.azureedge.net is blocked in Russia thanks to high-ego Durov with its Telegram.

F... Durov, I created Akamai profile - and THIS TIME everything works! Thank God!

So guys, you need to fix you Standard MS tier.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Alex, 

From your description it seems the error is caused by the configuration not fully propagated in the network. For Microsoft CDN, it takes 2 hours to propagate the profile and 30mins for the other configuration to be fully propagated across the network. Can you check again? If the problem persists please let us know.

The Russia issue can be resolved. Please open a ticket with us and we'll take care of that for you.

Manling

• Marked as answer by Alex Beloff Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:40 PM
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 10:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex, 

From your description it seems the error is caused by the configuration not fully propagated in the network. For Microsoft CDN, it takes 2 hours to propagate the profile and 30mins for the other configuration to be fully propagated across the network. Can you check again? If the problem persists please let us know.

The Russia issue can be resolved. Please open a ticket with us and we'll take care of that for you.

Manling

• Marked as answer by Alex Beloff Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:40 PM
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 10:57 PM
  • Then please say so (about the times) when CDN profile is created. Otherwise it's not clear at all.

As to opening a ticket - I don't have a plan under that subscription, so I can't do that. But you're aware of the problem.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:39 PM