none
DialogBox re-compile failures in CE 6.0 using VS2005 Platform Builder 6 RRS feed

• Question

• On our new system, we are using a 1/2 VGA LED display...640(w) X 240(h).

What I have discovered is that a number of dialog boxes are the incorrect size for the screen in that they are too large(in either portrait or landscape mode).

So I need to begun modifying/cloning the programs that has this dialogbox size problem.

But I am having a compile problem that I hope someone might have some ideas on.

For example, I am modifying the DialogBox for an exiting appliction called A2dpMgr but having a major problem.(See attached screenshot below).

I change the dimension of the diaplg box, along with moving around everything to fit but when I re-compile, VS2005 states that the A2dpMgr.rc and resource.h files are not VS2005 created files and asks to change them.

If I answer no, then my dialogbox does not get changed.

If I answer yes, then the resource.h files grows from 2K to 204K.

Then when I compile, the build fails due to all the extra stuff that got dumped into the resource.h and A2dpMgr.rc files.

Any ideas how I might prevent this from happening? Seems I need to manually edit the .rc files and try to figure out the right values to re-postion everything to make a different dialogbox size. But this is going to be real painfull since there are many dialogboxes to resize.

How can I make VS2005 think that these files are VS2005 created files? So far all of the programs where I have tried modfying the dialogboxes sizes give me this message.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:25 PM

Answers

All replies