Drop down menu wont work on some pages will on others RRS feed

• Question

• I used to have a template that I used when starting a web page. My logic board broke on my computer and I lost the template. On a few of my pages the drop down menue works like on http://www.colorado-carpet-masters.com/CARPETCLEANINGARVADACOLORADO.php on my boulder page it no longer works http://www.colorado-carpet-masters.com/carpetcleaningBoulder.php After wasting several hours trying to figure out a solution I tried to cut and paste the code on a page that works so that I could create a new starter template but the atempt produced a greyed out page. I need to figure out how to fix the drop down menu or create a template so I can redo the pages. I think the reason the dropdown menu doesnt work is related to a / on the code or the css page is messed up. I use Expression Web 2.

Thanks,

Keith

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:08 PM

All replies

• Every page I looked at, the drop-downs worked fine. I'm not sure what you are seeing.

Jim

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:28 PM
  • Jim,

On the Boulder page the menu does not drop down at least in internet explorer. What browser are you using? With  the two pages I listed, only on the Arvada page  does the drop down menu work on my browser.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:37 PM
  • I just downloaded Firefox and the dropdown works but it does not work on Internet Explorer. How can I make them work on both?
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:42 PM
  • I checked in FF, Safari, Chrome, and Opera, and it works in all of them. Unfortunately, my IE is crashing on me and I cannot check the page in it, so I cannot help. Sorry.

Jim

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Nope, they don't work in IE8. You've also got some really significant rendering differences between FF and IE—different font categories (serif in FF, sans-serif in IE), layout alignment possibly caused by the font differences, etc. FWIW, it looks better in IE than in FF, but there shouldn't be the kind of obvious differences that exist.

That the two browsers don't even use the same font category might indicate a problem with your CSS link(s), especially if you used separate CSS file(s) for IE, as many do when accounting for browser incompatibilities.

cheers,
    scott

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:09 PM
  • Looking at the source for the two pages, I do see that the Boulder page does not have a doctype. I'm guessing that is causing problems. Also, right after the body tag it has <center>, which the other page doesn't. Two things to fix that might help...

Jim

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:29 PM