none
Unable to install Office Pro Plus - Error during setup RRS feed

• Question

• Our office just migrated to Office 365. I'm licensed for Office Pro Plus, to include Microsoft Access. However, I'm unable to get the installer to complete. It stops almost immediately with the following error.

"We Found a problem!

We're sorry, Office Click-to-Run installer encountered a problem because you have these Windows Installer based Office programs installed on your computer:

<blank row>

Click-to-Run and Windows Installer editions of the Office programs don't get along for this version, so you can only have one type installed at a time. Please try installing the Windows Installer edition of Office instead, or uninstall your other Windows Installer base Office programs and try this installation again."

I've tried both 32-bit and 64-bit installers, with similar results.
    setupo365proplusretail.x86.en-us_.exe
    setupo365proplusretail.x64.en-us_.exe

After that error, I went through control panel -> program and features to manually uninstall all of my Office 2007 applications. After re-running the installers, the same error occurs.

I've also run the Microsoft Office Uninstaller:
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935

After that completes, it has a blank title but has a green check mark and says "Fixed." After re-running the installers, the same error occurs.

Please help me get this offline software installed!

Todd

Friday, August 28, 2015 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Todd,

I'm very sorry to do this - but you've posted your question to a forum for Microsoft Project - a project management scheduling tool.  It's unlikely you're going to get an answer in this forum and sadly, I cannot move your post to the Office 365 forums.

Please re-post your question to: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f

I also suggest posting more information about what other Office products (Office 2007, Office 2010) products you had (have installed).

Friday, August 28, 2015 6:17 PM
  • Sorry about that. Searched and found something posted on this forum. Did not realize it was in the wrong category. Please feel free to delete this thread as I've reposted in the correct forum. Thank you for the help.
    Friday, August 28, 2015 6:29 PM