Pound Sign / Locality / Integration RRS feed

• Question

• User-2021235257 posted

Hi,

I'm currently trying to integrate 1 site to another.  This takes the form of an HTML form POST ing to an ASP.NET page.

The problem I have is that I need to post UK Currency Pound Signs (£ / £ depending on how this post will be displayed). 

For some reason, these symbols are being lost when the .net page gets hold of the posted variable.  I can't work out why. 

I have written a demo of this page.  The page contains 2 forms, the first posts to an asp page, which correctly gets the £ sign, the second form posts to a .net page, which does not get the £ sign.

Link to a demo of this page

I'm not sure where to start here, so if anyone has any hints I'd be dead grateful.

Cheers,

Toby

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:16 AM

All replies

• User-1155260916 posted

Hi Toby, in what way are you saying the data is lost, I did not see this explicitly in your example? If the entity £ is entered in a textbox for example, displaying this in the response yields the pound symbol as interpreted by the browser. Are you html decoding the form data?

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:51 PM
  • User-2021235257 posted

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I've actually fixed the problem.  It was down to the default character set not including a £ sign.  I've placed the following code into my web.config inside the system.web

<code>
    <globalization fileEncoding="iso-8859-15" requestEncoding="iso-8859-15" responseEncoding="iso-8859-15" culture="en-GB" />
    </code>

As a result, my example now works successfully.  Previously however, the £ sign in the input box was not ignored by the response page.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:37 AM