none
Can i use LDAP to create Exchange Objects RRS feed

• Question

• Can i use LDAP to create mailbox for a user in Exchange Server 2007 by modifying the exchange attributes of a user?

- Santron Manibharathi.

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:59 AM

Answers

• LDAP is a protocol to query the information in AD.

To create a mailbox in Exchange, you need to use the respective APIs or use the Exchange Management Shell.

Shaba

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Shabarinath,

You will need to use Exchange PowerShell to create mailboxes. Exchange Web Services is primarily used for client access.

With regards,

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:53 PM

All replies

• LDAP is a protocol to query the information in AD.

To create a mailbox in Exchange, you need to use the respective APIs or use the Exchange Management Shell.

Shaba

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Shabarinath. Can u suggest me possible APIs i can use to create mailbox in Exchange Server 2007?

- Santron Manibharathi.

Friday, March 16, 2012 6:12 AM
  • I am not a programmer to give an authentic answer.

On my knowledge, Exchange 2007 onwards provide a new service called Exchange Web Service which will provide an interface for programmers to the exchange server.

Refer the below site for details

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332450%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx

Shaba

Friday, March 16, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Thank you Shabarinath. I will check it.

- Santron Manibharathi.

Friday, March 16, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Shabarinath,

You will need to use Exchange PowerShell to create mailboxes. Exchange Web Services is primarily used for client access.

With regards,

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Thanks for clarifying that Michael !

Shaba

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:43 PM