Publish App on windows 10 store with restricted namespace RRS feed

• Question

• I try to publish an App on windows 10 store, but I can not pass test from Windows App Certification Kit:

Restricted Namespace Error encountered: The restricted namespace test Detected the following errors: Restricted Namespace found: Impact if not corrected: The Windows Store does not allow an Application manifest to refer to restricted namespaces. How to fix it: Removes restricted namespaces from the application manifest.

But I use a restricted namespace for use SMS functions:

Xmlns: r = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities"

<r:Capability Name="cellularMessaging" />

How can made this changes to publish ? I need Use SMS Messaging.... Thanks

Sunday, February 19, 2017 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Please check Special and restricted capabilities:

You could follow the steps below to request access to a restricted capability before submitting your app to the Store:

• Determine if you are eligible to submit your app to the store with a specific restricted capability by looking at the table below. If you are not eligible, any requests you make will be denied.
      • If you are eligible visit the Submitting an App support page.
      • Set the problem type to App submission and certification and the category type to Submitting an app using a restricted capability.
      • Include the capability you are requesting access to and include a reason for your request. If you do not provide all the information necessary, your request will be denied. You may also be asked to provide more information

I have checked the table and found that the capability cellularMessaging you want to request for is allowed to be requested:

The reviewing process may take 5 business days or longer. Appreciate your patience.

If it's helpful to you, could you please mark it as answer so that other community member can find it more conveniently?

Thank you. 

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Monday, February 20, 2017 5:43 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Abrahamcpc21 Wednesday, February 22, 2017 12:55 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hello ,

You can ask  devcenter support for allowing to access to these capabilities for store submission.

Make the community better together

Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Hello,

Please check Special and restricted capabilities:

You could follow the steps below to request access to a restricted capability before submitting your app to the Store:

• Determine if you are eligible to submit your app to the store with a specific restricted capability by looking at the table below. If you are not eligible, any requests you make will be denied.
      • If you are eligible visit the Submitting an App support page.
      • Set the problem type to App submission and certification and the category type to Submitting an app using a restricted capability.
      • Include the capability you are requesting access to and include a reason for your request. If you do not provide all the information necessary, your request will be denied. You may also be asked to provide more information

I have checked the table and found that the capability cellularMessaging you want to request for is allowed to be requested:

The reviewing process may take 5 business days or longer. Appreciate your patience.

If it's helpful to you, could you please mark it as answer so that other community member can find it more conveniently?

Thank you. 

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Monday, February 20, 2017 5:43 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Abrahamcpc21 Wednesday, February 22, 2017 12:55 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Mattew thanks bro, I'm Talking with Dev Support team to Allow this component... I will inform about that.

Developer Junior

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:56 PM