none
Jira Connector in Azure Data Factory

Question

• Hi Community,

I'm new in the world of Azure Data Factory, and the past week I created several simple data flows using the Jira connector and they were working. The problem is that this week the pipeline is not working anymore and I couldn't find the solution.

The strange part is that I can visualize the data when I press "Preview Data" but when I want to "Debug" the pipeline I get a "Failed" error without details. (For this reason, I'm discarding a connection trouble)

Also, I want to mention that I'm using ADF v2

Please let me know if it's something related to a new release from Microsoft because I know that ADF is in "Preview mode" and the Jira connector is in Beta state. In other words, I will be very glad if you have any idea to fix this.

NOTE: I'm using the User Interface.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Luis,

Please check the code in pipeline and confirm if there is something like

"userProperties": [
        {
            "name": "Source",
            "value": ""
        }
    ]

If so, please refresh the web page, then open the pipeline and edit its description. You should see that empty value item is removed from the code. Publish the pipeline and retry to run.

Thanks!

Update:

The fix is now available, you can remove the temporary JSON from advanced tab. If you still getting Missing Requeried property 'value' error, please refresh your web page (clear the cache) and do the operation above.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Will fix it and update in a few days.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:53 AM
  • Hi Luis,

You can add below JSON into Jira Dataset Advanced tab as workaround.

{
        "properties": {
            "typeProperties": {
                "temp": "temp"
            }
        }
    }

You can remove those JSON after the fix.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:43 AM
  • Hi and thanks for your responses.

I tested your workaround Yang but it's not working for me.

Now I'm getting the following error. (I can't paste the print screen)

"code":"BadRequest","message":"Missing Requeried property 'value on Copy1","target":"pipeline/pipeline1/runud/xxxxxxx"

Do you have some additional idea?

Thanks and regards!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:50 PM
  • Hi Luis,

Please check the code in pipeline and confirm if there is something like

"userProperties": [
        {
            "name": "Source",
            "value": ""
        }
    ]

If so, please refresh the web page, then open the pipeline and edit its description. You should see that empty value item is removed from the code. Publish the pipeline and retry to run.

Thanks!

Update:

The fix is now available, you can remove the temporary JSON from advanced tab. If you still getting Missing Requeried property 'value' error, please refresh your web page (clear the cache) and do the operation above.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 3:38 AM
  • Thanks

Now it's working again!! (I'm so happy haha)

Regards!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:51 PM