PRINTING - from Win Mob 6.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Forgive my ignorance: can i print (eg a photo taken on a Windows Mobile phone 6.5) direct from the phone?
    I use a network printer; I can access the internet from my phone via the router (to which the printer is attached) - but i cannot seem to find it with my phone. The printer is capable of being used on an 'ad-hoc' connection but again I dont seem to be able to set up the phone to make the connection.
    Am i limited to doing a data transfer to my pc or transferring the user memory card between devices? This is not what my wife will be able to do!
    The phone manufacturer help line (SAMSUNG - OMNIA 2 I8000) have so far failed to resolve my query and the MS Win Mob web pages make no reference to printing whatsoever.
    Thanks for any help/advice.
    Peter M Pascoe pascoepm@msn.com  
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:37 AM

Answers

• The reason that you can find no teferences is that Windows Mobile doesn't have any native printer support built into it. If you were adding printing support for a custom application you would either need to purchase a third party printing library (such as PrintBoy)or create your own.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Proposed as answer by Joel Ivory Johnson Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by ZHE ZHAO Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:19 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:56 AM

All replies

• The reason that you can find no teferences is that Windows Mobile doesn't have any native printer support built into it. If you were adding printing support for a custom application you would either need to purchase a third party printing library (such as PrintBoy)or create your own.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Proposed as answer by Joel Ivory Johnson Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by ZHE ZHAO Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:19 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 11:56 AM
  • Thank you Joel.
    I guess I just transfer files and us the pc.
    Oeter
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:54 PM