Issues when using ReportViewer (ver 15.0) via an aspx page with SQL2017 RRS feed

• Question

• User1708672054 posted

I've asked this question on SQL forum and a moderator suggested I asked it on here also.

We have a C# web application that uses SSRS to provide reports to end users. To do this we have a .aspx page that uses the report viewer webcontrol (started out with version 14.0 but now on v15.0 with same problems) to present the SSRS output.

We have noticed some rendering issues setting border colours etc which we are not to concerned about.

However, we are concerned about the fact that none of the drill-throughs to other reports appear to work when rendered using the ReportViewer on a webpage. Yet they work fine when accessed through the Report Manager. IS there something specific we need to do in C# to (to handle an event for example. In VB.NET which I am more experienced in it just works)

Also the performance seems to be an issue in terms of how long some reports appear to take to render via ReportViewer yet much better using ReportManager

This is the first time we have used SQL2017 we have not had the problem on previous installations using SQL2014. The report developers are using Visual Studio 2015 to create the RDL files as a Reporting Project.

The web developer developing the application has VS2015 but does have SQL2017 installed and he experiences the same problem if he depoys the RDLs to his local ReportServer.

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Friday, October 5, 2018 7:56 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi PeteGarv,

Also the performance seems to be an issue in terms of how long some reports appear to take to render via ReportViewer yet much better using ReportManager

As far as I know, there are multiple reason which will impact the performance. The network, data size, your server's performance.

I guess  this issue may not related with the VS2015.

I suggest you could try to  use ReportViewer (ver 15.0) in VS2017 or change the web application's .net farmework version.

I also created a test demo on my side.It works well.

Result:

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, October 8, 2018 7:23 AM
  • User1708672054 posted

Hi Brando,

Thanks for your reply just go back to this!!

I will have a look at changing the .NET version we tried a build in VS2017 but it made no difference.

Many Thanks

Pete

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:35 PM