none
Permission issues in VS 2015: Access Denied on File in FeedCache

Question

• Hi,

when I try to open a project in VS 2015 I get the error "Access denied" on a File located in ‪C:\Users\XY\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\FeedCache .

The german message is "C:\Users\XY\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\App1\App1\App1.csproj : error : Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\XY\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\FeedCache\Feed-969FF52C4894C164-File.xml" wurde verweigert."

Some hours ago I restarted my computer for system updates and immediately after that I installed the english language pack for VS.

So I navigated to that FeedCache folder. For that Folder I have all permissions an the security settings grant me al privileges even for inherited files and folders (sorry, du to spam protection I can't poste a screenshot). But when i, for example, try to rename a file inside that FeedCache folder, I get a access denied Message. So for me it seems to be a matter of wrong previlegs.

I've tried to disable Inheritance for the FeedCache Folder and the to re-enable it. But I get an error during enableing.

I even went back to a restore point, but that changed nothing. So actually I try to let Visual Studio repair itself via the system settings -> uninstall.

Kim

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:04 PM

Answers

• Quick & dirty solution: rename that FeedCache Folder, start VS and open Project. VS will then create a new FeedCache Folder. For now it works.

But I don't know for what these xml file are good for. Maybe I'll run into trouble later on.

• Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Quaxdachs Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:28 PM

All replies

• Quick & dirty solution: rename that FeedCache Folder, start VS and open Project. VS will then create a new FeedCache Folder. For now it works.

But I don't know for what these xml file are good for. Maybe I'll run into trouble later on.

• Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Quaxdachs Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Hi Quaxdachs,

Thanks for sharing the solution here. So from your description. The problem is solved now?

If so, please mark your reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly.

In addition, if you still encounter the same problem, please feel free to share here then we will help to solve it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:19 AM