Windows Store Error

Question

• I have a Windows 8.1 app on the Store, but when I try to use the next piece of code for a new feature I want to add to my app
    var listingInfo = await CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync();
    I receive an error which I don't exactly know what it means. I did catch the error though and I displayed it on a MessageDialog and then I took a print screen. This is the error:

Does anybody know what that means and how can I solve it ?
    I also mention that this works perfectly ok: (using the CurrentAppSimulator)
    var listingInfo = await CurrentAppSimulator.LoadListingInformationAsync();

Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:41 PM

Answers

• Yeah, so after I added the products that can be bought within the app, the app no longer crashed. Apparently that was the problem. I though that it would work anyway and that I will ad the products after I see that everything is ok.
    Monday, July 28, 2014 12:50 PM

All replies

• I have a Windows 8.1 app on the Store, but when I try to use the next piece of code for a new feature I want to add to my app
    var listingInfo = await CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync();
    I receive an error which I don't exactly know what it means. I did catch the error though and I displayed it on a MessageDialog and then I took a print screen. This is the error:

Does anybody know what that means and how can I solve it ?
    I also mention that this works perfectly ok: (using the CurrentAppSimulator)
    var listingInfo = await CurrentAppSimulator.LoadListingInformationAsync();

Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:40 PM
  • This Exception relates to a different API.

Sunday, July 27, 2014 3:30 PM
  • is the app already in the store?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:27 PM
  • Yes, the app is in the store for at least a week now.

Sunday, July 27, 2014 9:47 PM
  • Hi,

If your app do not submit to store or you do not have Windows Store developer account, you can use the CurrentAppSimulator class to test with. Just be sure to replace it with CurrentApp when you submit your app to the store. And you can refer to the thread, there is some information may can help you: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/4e498ad0-e274-4f27-ac8a-f8a70943fff7/currentapploadlistinginformationasync-gives-exception-in-metro-app?forum=winappswithcsharp

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Monday, July 28, 2014 2:44 AM
  • The app was already in the store. That was not the problem. After I added the products that can be bought within the app, the app no longer crashed. Apparently that was the problem. I though that it would work anyway and that I will ad the products after I see that everything is ok.
  • Yeah, so after I added the products that can be bought within the app, the app no longer crashed. Apparently that was the problem. I though that it would work anyway and that I will ad the products after I see that everything is ok.