none
ActiveX component can't create object "run-time error 429" RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting an AcitveX component can't create object "run-time error 429". When I click on "debug" this is where it takes me. How can I fix this? We use Access 2003.

FYI: I'm running on Windows 7 and so are my other colleagues. My colleague can run this query from her pc. So what's different from hers to mine?

Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
            Set oBook = oExcel.Workbooks.Open(outFile)
            oExcel.Visible = False
            With oExcel.ActiveSheet.PageSetup
                .PaperSize = 1
                .Orientation = 2
            End With
            Call cleanupExcel(oExcel, oBook, outFile)
            oBook.Save
            oExcel.Application.Quit
            Set oExcel = Nothing

• Edited by Natasha.H Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:36 PM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

How do you declare oExcel? Do you add reference "Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library"? 

You receive run-time error 429 when you automate Office applications might be helpful.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:00 AM
  • Yes, I am referencing "Microsoft Excel 11.0 object library". I also clicked on the link you sent me and I’m going to try to examine the server by testing the application. Let’s see if that works.

Thank you for your assistance. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. 

Thanks again.

Natasha

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:31 PM
  • Hi Natasha,

Is there any update about your issue?

Which line do you get this error? If you run this code in Excel application, will you get any error? Could you install later version Office? Office 2003 has been ended of support.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:51 AM