none
[MS-OXCROPS] - undocumented Rop 0x9c? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm seeing what appears to be an undocumented ROP, 0x9c, in RPC requests and responses between the Exchange 2010 SP1 Client Access Server and LoadGen 2010 with the Outlook 2007 cached connection type.

ROP 9c is listed as Reserved in MS-OXCROPS 2.2.2.

The request looks like the usual Rop, logonID, handle table index bytes followed by a DWORD. The response is more complex, larger and variable-length.

Any chance of getting buffer defiitions for this thing?

Thanks,

John

Monday, January 10, 2011 8:49 PM

Answers

• John,

Currently, this Rop is not documented, but your feedback is currently being considered for the inclusion of this Rop in a future release of the documentation.

Dominic Salemno
    Escalation Engineer
    Open Specifications

Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hi John, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:56 PM
  • Hi, Josh

I haven't heard anything from the documentation team. Will they be able to provide the information for this ROP?

Thank you,

John

Monday, January 17, 2011 11:24 PM
  • Hi John,

I am investigating this issue and will have an answer for you very soon.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:59 PM
  • John,

Currently, this Rop is not documented, but your feedback is currently being considered for the inclusion of this Rop in a future release of the documentation.

Dominic Salemno
    Escalation Engineer
    Open Specifications

Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Hi, Dominic

I'd like to see it documented, but I'm not blocked on it.

I had a conversation with Mark Miller on your team, and he told me that this Rop is something generated by Loadgen but not used by any verrsion of Outlook. Loadgen traffic is not a high priority for us, and I can document that for our support team so they don't chase parse error messages on those Rops.

Thanks,

John

Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:45 PM