problem with site publishing RRS feed

• Question

• User887623398 posted

Hello,

I'm trying to publish my project to and Linux-arm server. Here comes the publish setting:

publish method = file system

configuration = release

target framework mode= self-contained 

target runtime= Linux-arm

But it sounds wrong. You can see the result in mangoscarf.com

Can you please inform me where is wrong?

regards,

Saeed

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 10:54 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

you just published the files. you must configure the websever to support asp.net core. if your webserver supports node.js, then it should be similar configuration. that is a reverse proxy to the .net core application. either the webserver will start the asp.net core app, or you run it as a daemon. 

rsh to the server, cd to folder and try run the app. it should display the port it is listening on. 

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 11:25 PM
  • User887623398 posted

Are my publish settings correct for a Linux server? Or also I should change them?

Friday, November 13, 2020 5:29 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

you are uploading an executable. this executable is a complete webserver. your webserver must start the application and reverse proxy to.

this is all webserver configuration, and depends on your webserver. the docs cover using either apache or Ngnix. as you are using a different webserver, see the documentation for your webserver. running core should be similar to running node, just the executable and environment setting are different.

like I said, you can rsh and test the asp.net core executable works.

Friday, November 13, 2020 10:42 PM
  • User887623398 posted

After your answer, I asked my server company, they told your files should contain "HTML" or "PHP" format. Although I changed the publish setting still there isn't any HTML file!  I have no experience with Linux host and you can see the files at mangoscarf.com

Sunday, November 15, 2020 6:08 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

it appears you built a server hosted blazer project. this is not supported by your hosting provider. you hosting provider can support a blazor WASM project. it just takes an additional step.

dotnet publish -c Release -r linux-x64

then find the dist folder in the published files it should have an index.html, css folder and some others. the contexts of this folder should be copied to your hosting root. index.html should already be the default, but you should be able to config if not.

Monday, November 16, 2020 5:09 PM
  • User887623398 posted

Thanks for your answer. At last, I'm going to use a windows server!!

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 4:52 PM