none
Showing custom commandbuttons by Icons on Mac Excel / Powerpoint 2011 Quick Access Toolbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone. 

Working on MAC Excel / Ppt 2011, I am able to add commandbuttons to the equivalent of PC quick access toolbar (commandbars("Standard") since I am using the french version).

I can't get the custom buttons to appear with Icons only. 

Set Tbt = Application.CommandBars("Standard").Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)

With Tbt
       .Caption = "TestButton"
       .Visible = True
       .style = 1
       .FaceId = 13
       .OnAction = ***
     End With

As I understand it, the .Style property of the commandBarButton object should control this. Yet it doesn't work. 

• My code includes "Cbt.style = msoButtonIcon", to no effect. What's more, the "s" of ".style" is not automatically changed to Cap letter as it should.
    • The code as I pasted it inserts a button with no icon and the caption.
    • If i disable the caption property, my new control is simply not displayed.
    • If I set the entire commandbar to showing icons + captions for all buttons, then set it to icons only, then my button's Icon is properly shown. I haven't been able to find the commandbar property that would allow me to do that programatically. 

Thank's for your help.

CPVM

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is to discuss problems of Office development in Windows Operation System. But I think your question is related to development of Office for MAC 2011.

For more efficient responses, I suggest you posting in Office for MAC support.

Thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:22 AM

All replies

• You might look into creating a custom Ribbon, which is pretty straight forward to accomplish what you are after.

See the link below of Ron de Bruin, with examples on how to do this.

Images on Custom Ribbon controls in Excel 2007-2013

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

This forum is to discuss problems of Office development in Windows Operation System. But I think your question is related to development of Office for MAC 2011.

For more efficient responses, I suggest you posting in Office for MAC support.

Thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:22 AM