none
The item you tried to access to longer exists RRS feed

• Question

• Item you tried to access to longer exists

Here is the screen-shot of an email whose attachment I am trying to access.

enter image description here

When I try to open the attachment, I am getting the below error

enter image description here

What is the reason behind this, and how can this be solved?

I am trying to process emails using EWS api and my process is stuck on this email because while processing this email I am getting the below error(when Loading the MimeContent of this particular email).

Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestException occurred
    HResult=-2146233088 Message=The request failed. Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
    Source=Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices

Monday, April 21, 2014 11:43 AM

Answers

• I doubt 2K would be a valid PDF attachment either even a 1 page PDF file with no images you would expect to be about at least 30-50K at its smallest. Even the filename in the Image doesn't look good are you sure this attachment was valid at the time it was sent ?, it looks like automated email if that's the case it may have been sent that way. The recovery path would be to restore it from backup.

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by sameerkattel Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:00 AM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 6:15 AM

All replies

• Have a look at the size of the Attachment 64 bytes is not going to be a valid Attachment/pdf file. I would say you have got a corrupted Message or Attachment. There isn't much you can do with this from a API perspective as you have physical data corruption of this attachment\message.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:58 AM
  • Glen,

What if the size were say 2KB and still i would get the same error? Can this be valid scenario?

What is the recovery path for this kind of issue in Exchange?

Thanks.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:13 AM
  • I doubt 2K would be a valid PDF attachment either even a 1 page PDF file with no images you would expect to be about at least 30-50K at its smallest. Even the filename in the Image doesn't look good are you sure this attachment was valid at the time it was sent ?, it looks like automated email if that's the case it may have been sent that way. The recovery path would be to restore it from backup.

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by sameerkattel Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:00 AM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 6:15 AM