none
WCF adapter send to Update Error "This Assembler cannot retrieve a document specification" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I used the WCF adapter to generate a schema to insert and update a table, the schema was created with mutliple roots "Insert" "InsertResponse" "RowPair" "ArrayofRowPair" "Update" and "UpdateResponse"

    in one orchestration I am inserting into the table and it works fine, in another orchestration, i am using the same port which has 2 operations defined, one is Insert and the other is Update and they correspond to the same operation name in each orch (I double checked this), when I test for update I get this error in EV:

    There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLTransmit, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad300035" Source: "XML assembler" Send Port: "BillsDBSend" URI: "mssql://xxxxxx01//Bills?" Reason: This Assembler cannot retrieve a document specification using this type: "http://schemas.microsoft.com/Sql/2008/05/TableOp/dbo/Bills#Update".

    I read some posts that suggest the Schema may not be deployed so I checked in the BizTalk Admin console under Schemas and it is deployed with each of the Root nodes mentioned above, where is the problem?

    Monday, June 14, 2010 7:09 AM

Answers

  • Hi, sometimes it's just a case of needing to restart your hosts after doing an update. Check to make sure you've restarted any host instances (especially default send/receive handlers).

    It could also be that you have the same schema deployed multiple times so BizTalk doesn't know which one to use. Check out this link for more information on that: http://biztalkteam.blogspot.com/2008/11/assembler-cannot-retrieve-document.html .

    I'm not sure if this will help but they are worth a try.

    (Just realized this post was from last year! Still somebody might find it usefull).

     



    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:06 PM
  • This happens when you have exactly same two copies of schemas (mostly with WCF adapter - because they are autogenerated)

    To make sure this is the reason, first check if 2 exact same schemas exist. Go to All artefacts in console, click on schemas and click rote node to sort my name. Then check if 2 nodes have exactly same name. Don't worry that's normal, now check if these nodes also have exactly same TargetNamespace...

    If that's the case then his is causing conflict.

    Solution: 

    First approach:

    For one the schmas change the target namespace, like add something in the end "/new"

    this will make each schema unique.

    Second approach:

    http://usmanshaheen.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/this-assembler-cannot-retrieve-a-document-specification/

    Thanks,

    -P Gill

    (Don't forget to mark as answer)

    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:19 AM

All replies

  • anyone? Can someone at least walk me through the steps for generating and deploying the needed for both Insert and Update for the same table? maybe I've done something wrong along the way
    Monday, June 14, 2010 12:58 PM
  • Hi, sometimes it's just a case of needing to restart your hosts after doing an update. Check to make sure you've restarted any host instances (especially default send/receive handlers).

    It could also be that you have the same schema deployed multiple times so BizTalk doesn't know which one to use. Check out this link for more information on that: http://biztalkteam.blogspot.com/2008/11/assembler-cannot-retrieve-document.html .

    I'm not sure if this will help but they are worth a try.

    (Just realized this post was from last year! Still somebody might find it usefull).

     



    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:06 PM
  • This happens when you have exactly same two copies of schemas (mostly with WCF adapter - because they are autogenerated)

    To make sure this is the reason, first check if 2 exact same schemas exist. Go to All artefacts in console, click on schemas and click rote node to sort my name. Then check if 2 nodes have exactly same name. Don't worry that's normal, now check if these nodes also have exactly same TargetNamespace...

    If that's the case then his is causing conflict.

    Solution: 

    First approach:

    For one the schmas change the target namespace, like add something in the end "/new"

    this will make each schema unique.

    Second approach:

    http://usmanshaheen.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/this-assembler-cannot-retrieve-a-document-specification/

    Thanks,

    -P Gill

    (Don't forget to mark as answer)

    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:19 AM