none
Accessing on-premise Dynamics AX service via Azure App Proxy

Question

• Hi 

Currently i'm working with a customer having Dynamics AX on-premise and SharePoint 2013 on-premise web portal. They have built a custom WCF service to get data from Dynamics AX (employee, client, HR etc.,) and displaying the data in a SharePoint webpart. For example, employee name drop down control show employee names data fetched from Dynamics AX via WCF service.

Now they are planning to move to SharePoint online and want to use this form in SPO. The have configured an Azure AD Application Proxy pointing to on-premise WCF service as shown below.

I have created a console application and tried to add the service reference using the Azure External URL but i'm getting an error

"The HTML document does not contain Web service discovery information........"

If I use the internal URL I can add service reference and generate proxy. 

Have anyone used Azure AD App Proxy to configure WCF and used external URL in the visual studio project to add reference and invoke service? What additional authentication or configuration steps are required to access service via External URL?

side note: I have logged in the domain to access this service.

Kannan

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:50 PM

All replies

• Kannan hi,

A full client trace would be required to determine root cause, as a number of things could be responsible for the behaviour, so my advise is that you raise a ticket with support and they will be able to guide you, as we're unable to look at data through the forum.

Thanks

Thanks Rainier

Monday, April 24, 2017 5:46 PM