none
WinMo6.5: VK_RBUTTON != mouse right click RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WinMo 6.5 device with cursor enabled.  I am developing a navigation device which simulates keyboard events to control the cursor.  I am having a problem simulating a right-click event as a virtual key.  I'm sending the VK_RBUTTON keydown and keyup, but it has no effect.  I also tried shift+f10, as this works for XP, but I think F10 is a different function in Win Mo.

I have also tried sending mouse events MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN and UP, and these will sometimes activate the right-click menu, but in the wrong location on the Start menu.  I click on the start menu, and select an icon with the device, and then send the down/up message.  No right-click menu appears.  If I touch the screen on an icon and move the menu up and down (but not cause the tapped icon to be selected), and then send the mouse down/up message, the right-click menu will appear, but at the spot of the last mouse touch, and not at the spot of the selected icon; however, when I select the "move to top" from this right-click menu, the operation will be performed on the selected icon, as opposed to the icon that it now hovering around.

The behavior I'd like to see is: bring up the start menu, select an icon with my device, press the 'right-click' on my device, and then have the right-click menu appear near the selected icon in the start menu.  This is the behavior I expected from VK_RBUTTON.  What would be the best way to implement this?
    Friday, May 22, 2009 5:28 PM