none
Problem in installing March 2013 QFE updates for wince7 RRS feed

• Question

• When i try to install QFE updates using WindowsEmbeddedCompact7.exe, it fails to acquire WindowsEmbeddedSilverlightTools.exe always.

Any body faced this issue? Please let me know if any body has overcome this issue  and please help me to solve this issue.

Regards,

Ravindranath Andela

• Edited by Ravindranath Andel Friday, March 14, 2014 5:57 AM The update is actually march 2013 QFE update
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:18 AM

All replies

• i faced the same issue with WEC2013 updates but i solved it by disabling firewall (if your workplace installed with firewall, get full access rights for downloading this).

Please mark as answer, if it is correct.
    Please vote,if it is helpful post.
    Vinoth.R

http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
    http://www.e-consystems.com/windowsce.asp

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:39 AM
  • I saw a similar issue on one of the updates April - June 2013 (sorry don't remember which one).  The WEDU log file (look in   C:\users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\) for the WEDU log file  "WindowsEmbeddedCompact7.00dd.log" ) had an error something like:

[0A68:1638][2014-01-27T14:49:26.785-07:00]: File size validation failed on file
    'C:\Users\swolber\AppData\Local\Temp\Layout\Windows Embedded Compact
    7\WindowsEmbeddedSilverlightTools.exe'. Expected size is '1975272' but the found
    size was '1759032'.

I did have "offline layout" turned on, might work without offline layout.  I need offline layout so my fix was to find another version of  WindowsEmbeddedSilverlightTools.exe whose size matched what the error message said it expected, slam that into my Layout dir, and run WEDU again. 

Similarly Update7 will never work with offline layout with WEST turned on, I never found a workaround to that one ;-(

You just have to accept that WEDU GUI error messages are less than useful, and get used to looking at its verbose log file to determine why it lost its brains :-(

Sue Wolber

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:47 PM