SQL Agent Service Account RRS feed

• Question

• I am just starting the install sql 20086r 0n server 2008r2

I have  no idea what to select for the agent service account   all the others are pre selected as either SERVICE or NETWORK      which would be best ?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:28 PM

Answers

• Check whether this user id or domain admin group is added in the local administrators group on the server. Also, check whether the credentials are correct.

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:55 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:53 PM
  • I currently put in a user who is a domain admin member.....it will not accept it all it says is those are not valid credenttials

This user is the current SQl server admin  on our existing SQL server (we are grooming a new replacment server)   so on our exisiting SQl server (server 2003 platform)   this all works

but now on the new server 2008  these credentials are being rejected  

thanks

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:12 PM
  • Check whether this user id or domain admin group is added in the local administrators group on the server. Also, check whether the credentials are correct.

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:55 PM
    Answerer
  • The best choice for you, change a domain account with low privilegies in the instance!

André CR / Helped? If the answer is yes mark! If the answer is no, wait a little bit because i'll back! Visit my blog! sqlmagu.blogspot.com.br

Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:55 PM
  • This sane user is also in the new servers Adminstrators group
    Friday, May 3, 2013 12:44 PM
  • not sure  I   understnad this
    Friday, May 3, 2013 12:45 PM
  • In researching .....another proposed thatthis service account user has to have a "strong  password"

this would surprise me since as I mentioned , the existing user account used in our exisiting SQL 2008 instance (this is the same user account  I originally intended to use here for this new install)  doen not have a strong password

so  I  just created a new user   and put it in the  domain  administrators group and then added this user to the new SQl server's administrator group..

this new user has a password capital and lower case with one special charachter  and one number...... so it shoud be considered  STRONG.....

this user account  gets the same error           that these are not valid credentials  

Friday, May 3, 2013 2:26 PM
  • I give up...the install  l will not accept any domain admin account  I use.....

I create a user

add them as members the ot built in Administrator group

addthen on the new serverot he local administrator group

insure they have a strong password

usethe <browse> funtion to  go out and addt hem ....all works ..the system finds the account and then underlines the account name .......... 

but eveytine in the end   it generates the ERROR       please supply correct credentials  

very frustrating indeed

I now have selected

NT Authority/system     not sure of any short  comings this account would oose in the grand scheme of things   

Friday, May 3, 2013 2:58 PM