SPF2010 workflow conditions not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

set up a workflow to copy a list item to another list if a condition is met and set to run when item is changed.

Only thing is that the operation completes every time the item is changed irrespective of the conditions.

Workflow goes something like this

If status equals Completed then copy current item to Archived items list

This is all done in a single step. I have put in the condition and then in the same step put in the action.

Maybe this is the wrong way to do it, but it is the only way I can get the "Then" statement to appear.

Is it possible that these features arent available in foundation and SPD is just giving me a non existent option?

Regards

Matthew

Friday, July 1, 2011 6:41 PM

Answers

• No, that should not be an issue, but you can add a simple text or numeric column to use as a test if you can't figure out what's wrong with current logic. Another thing to look for is if you built the WF in stages, the latest version may not be published and an earlier version is running. Just publish again to make sure this is not the case.
    AK
    Friday, July 1, 2011 7:11 PM

All replies

• If the WF copies the article then you know it works, but seems there is something wrong with the logic (a test condition that is always correct). This is not easy to guess remotely and it may be very subtle (ex. two columns may have similar names or mixed column display name and internal name).
    AK
    Friday, July 1, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Is it possible that as the status field is a dropdown list that it is looking at all the options and deciding that the condition is met just because it is an option?

If I empty the field of options and make it a single line of test that I manually type in do you think this would work? Or is there a better option than "Equals" that would overcome this problem?

Regards

Matthew

Friday, July 1, 2011 7:02 PM
  • No, that should not be an issue, but you can add a simple text or numeric column to use as a test if you can't figure out what's wrong with current logic. Another thing to look for is if you built the WF in stages, the latest version may not be published and an earlier version is running. Just publish again to make sure this is not the case.
    AK
    Friday, July 1, 2011 7:11 PM
  • Thanks, giving up for tonight, beer and food are calling. Workflow was created in a single step and I've re-published over and over again. Definitely the logic is going astray somewhere. Will work on a different solution tomorrow.

Matthew

Friday, July 1, 2011 7:15 PM