none
What would cause LevelingDelayFormat to be set to 0? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there -

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask or not - a customer of ours has an MS Project 2007 schedule that we are trying to parse in XML mode in our application.  The parsing is failing for this one schedule because the MPP file when saved as XML in either 2007 or 2003 has the <LevelingDelayFormat> task level tag set to 0 which is an invalid value according to this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968448%28office.12%29.aspx

I've done a pretty broad search through the schedule including clearing any/all resource levelling, but it persists in exporting XML with this invalid value.

Any suggestions or ideas on where to look in the application to reset this to a valid format value?

Thanks!

Kiron

Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Kiron,

Do you get this set for just a few tasks?  If so I would look in the XML, probably in NotePad or WordPad and see which tasks have this apparently bad value set.  You might then be able to either see something strange for those tasks in the XML or when opening in Project.  Can the XML be opened again in Project or does that fail too?  You can add the Leveling Delay column to the Gantt chart - but it may not show anything if this bad format value is not actually associated with a leveling delay.

Also what is the failure?  If it is a parsing issue then once you have established where this value exists then you could update the XML with a valid value.  For example we had a support case a couple of years ago where a -1 was found for LevelingDelayFormat but was found only where LevelingDelay was 0d.  So these were changed to LevelingDelay=0 and LevelingDelayFormat=7.  You could automate this with an XSL transform if the number tasks warrants it.

I know this doesn't answer the question of where the 0 comes from, but hopefully gives you a way forward, but I'm guessing you'd already thought of this.

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, August 23, 2010 8:56 PM
    Owner