none
Battery (DC) Power Source ( Manual on mobile systems) tests on Motherboard/Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi sirs,

I'm running a desktop/motherboard full system test and I'm having problem with the following 2 tests:

- Glitchfree HD video playback on Battery (DC) Power Source ( Manual on mobile systems)

- System Transcode Faster than Real Time on Battery (DC) Power Source ( Manual on mobile systems)

where the test will keep on looping a message asking to switch power source to battery.

May anyone point out if there is any setting that need to be done? Because there is no way I can switch the power source to battery since it is a desktop motherboard.

Thanks in advance. 

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:53 AM

Answers

• Hello Pres1141,

Can you check to see which power platform role your system is reporting?  One possibility is that the wrong role is being reported.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa373174(v=vs.85).aspx

To find out what your power role is run the PowerRole.exe tool that is included with the HCK.  You can find the tool by browsing to \\<HCKController>\Tests\<arch>\Performance\WindowsXRay\tools\. 

Replace <HCKCOntroller> with the name of your HCK controller.  Also replace <arch> with the OS architecture version.  For example, if you need the 64-bit version of the tool, then go to AMD64 folder. 

Some sample output will look like:

• The system reported Power Platform Role is: PlatformRoleDesktop
      • ACLineStatus = 1
      • BatteryFlag = 128

The only platform roles that should have batteries are PlatformRoleMobile and PlaftformRoleSlate.  If the incorrect power profile is set, then please work with your BIOS vendor to correct this.

Thanks,

Paul

This posting is as is with no warranties, and confers no rights. 

• Marked as answer by pres1141 Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:24 PM