none
How To Compare and Combine Two Word Document using OpenXML SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sirs.

Please Help me Implement Compare and Combine Two Word Document using OpenXML SDK.

Like it does Microsoft Word 2007/2010 Compare Document Feautur.

Thank you in Advance.

Irakli Lomidze
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Irakli,

Thanks for posting! As I understand, do you mean about the Compare Document Feature from Word Ribbon Review tab->Compare group->Compare button?

Based on my understanding, the Open XML SDK is supposed to manipulate underlying Open XML Format file content. It cannot be used to directly call into the Word's UI function. If you mean about using the SDK to implement your own comparing logics, you can use Open XML SDK to retrieve the whole content of the Word document. (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/oxmlsdk/thread/90ceb304-bf05-40a3-81fc-6ddfabe2eb9a). But it depends on your requirment to implement the compare and UI. That should not be a question in OpenXML SDK side.

Best regards,
    Ji Zhou - MSFT
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 2:03 AM
  • Hello Ji

Yes I mean Implement Fuctionality of "Compare Document Feature from Word Ribbon Review tab->Compare group->Compare button" using Open XML SDK.

GenerateCompearedDocumet(String document1path,String documetn2path) => and result combined document like it does MS Word.

Is it Incuded in SDK Already. Or it need to invite bicyle and write it from srach ?

In MS Word I Undestand that could be quite complicated document comparation algorithm, but if you share it for us (to Open XML SDK Developer) it will be very grate.

Thank you in Advance.

Irakli Lomidze

Irakli Lomidze
    Friday, August 20, 2010 8:16 AM
  • Hi Irakli,

Did you get any solution, if yes can you explain how you solved this.

Regards,

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:21 PM