none
Running Set.exe file to install Add-in solution developed in VS-2017 to Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I am running Set.exe file to install Add-in solution developed in VS-2017 to Outlook 2016 getting the error shown in below picture. The same Set.exe worked fine before I added more code to the Add-in. I have now put all my changes in comment and rolled back to that Set.exe, which worked fine before, but I am still getting same error. Now I stocking with this error and cannot continue to work with my solution.

Someone say it will help to install ”Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime”. Can I install it even I am using VS-2017 and Office 2016? If I need this installation why it worked before.

Thank you for your help in advance.

B.R.

Majid

Monday, May 21, 2018 12:45 PM

Answers

• Hello Terry,

Either Office nor Windows has been updated recently.

I have tried to uninstall it from Programs and Features, and I am getting the same error message.

I have also created new add-in and published it via VS-2017. When I am running Setup.exe I am getting the same error message, but the Add-in will be added to Outlook and is working fine even running Setup.exe. failed.

The error message is some think like:

installs office customization The customization can not be installed because another version is currently unavailable that can not be upgraded from this location.

I will start from begning with creating new VSTO solution. It is something corrupt with that solution. 

B.R.

Majid

• Marked as answer by majid_fkh Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Looks like you created an MSI installer for your VSTO based Outlook add-in. If so, make sure that you did all the steps described in the Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer article.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Monday, May 21, 2018 10:50 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I did not created MSI installer. I published my VSTO solution from VS-2017. It will create a Setup.exe to install Add-in solution developed in VS-2017 to Outlook 2016. I have made some changes in my solution, which I have now put all in comment and rolled back to that Setup.exe, which worked fine before, but I am still getting same error.

B.R.

Majid

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:08 AM
  • Hello Majid,

Have you ever updated Office or Windows recently? If it has, I would suggest you uninstall the updates if it could be done.

Have you tried to uninstall old version and reinstall new version of the add-in instead updating it directly?

Beisdes, what's the result if you create a new add-in for testing installing? Will it also fail to install?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:06 AM
  • Hello Terry,

Either Office nor Windows has been updated recently.

I have tried to uninstall it from Programs and Features, and I am getting the same error message.

I have also created new add-in and published it via VS-2017. When I am running Setup.exe I am getting the same error message, but the Add-in will be added to Outlook and is working fine even running Setup.exe. failed.

The error message is some think like:

installs office customization The customization can not be installed because another version is currently unavailable that can not be upgraded from this location.

I will start from begning with creating new VSTO solution. It is something corrupt with that solution. 

B.R.

Majid

• Marked as answer by majid_fkh Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:22 PM