none
DSC with xActiveDirectory: Verification of prerequisites for Domain Controller promotion failed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm starting to become a big fan of "Desired State Configuration" (DSC). Great work so far, guys!

Im using the "xActiveDirectory" script (https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/xActiveDirectory-f2d573f3) published a few weeks ago. As soon as the VM is deployed in Azure, I get the following error:

Job {860932CF-ECE2-11E4-80BB-0003FF54BC14} : 
    This event indicates that a non-terminating error was thrown when DSCEngine was executing Set-TargetResource on MSFT_xADDomain DSC resource. FullyQualifiedErrorId is Test.VerifyDcPromoCore.DCPromo.General.77,Microsoft.DirectoryServices.Deployment.PowerShell.Commands.InstallADDSForestCommand. ErrorMessage is Verification of prerequisites for Domain Controller promotion failed. The specified argument 'DataBasePath' was not recognized.

As I can see so far, my machine has been become a DC so I dont understand this error. I really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Christopher

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is for issues with the Azure Automation service. It looks like this problem is related to PowerShell DSC, or the Azure VM DSC extension. Is that correct? If so I will try to find the right forum.

Monday, April 27, 2015 7:01 PM
  • I just want to let you know that I finally found the reason. Just use the credentials of the local administrator account and it works.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:00 AM