none
ODBC crashing on windows 2008 64-bit machine with oracle server RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

My application tries to connect to oracle database using the odbc. My application was crashing on Windows 2008 64-bit machine with an exception code c0000374 when trying to connect to database.

I tried to enable the ODBC log just to debug the issue and found that when i select "start tracing now" in ODBC, my application works properly. And when i select "Stop tracing now" my application again crashes while trying to connect to database.

Hence I had doubt if my DSN is proper or not and so I opened ODBC from location "C:/windows/system32" (as my application is a 64-bit application) and from "System DSN" I selected the DSN I had added for my application and clicked on "Configure" and found that when i do this also i get the same exception c0000374. Then I repeated the same while tracing is enabled and i found that now when i select "Configure" then i get the window to configure details (though its not fully functional). I get the same exception even when i try to add a new DSN by selecting "Add" button under "System DSN" tab. Then I confirmed that the problem is with my ODBC.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Can you suggest me something with regard to this issue? 

• Moved by Yi Feng Li Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:25 AM ODBC issue (From:Visual C++ General)
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hey..

I got the issue resolved. The above problem was seen as the oracle client libraries I had used while installing my application were corrupted. Hence the ODBC driver and DSN I had added were not proper. When I downloaded the oracle client libraries freshly and tried again I got the problem resolved.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by liurong luo Friday, October 22, 2010 9:13 AM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi sushil,

I am moving this thread from “Visual C++ General" forum to the “ADO.NET Managed Providers” forum, since the issue is related to ODBC. There are more experts in the “ADO.NET Managed Providers " forum.

Cheers,

Yi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:25 AM
  • Hey..

I got the issue resolved. The above problem was seen as the oracle client libraries I had used while installing my application were corrupted. Hence the ODBC driver and DSN I had added were not proper. When I downloaded the oracle client libraries freshly and tried again I got the problem resolved.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by liurong luo Friday, October 22, 2010 9:13 AM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:18 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks very much for sharing your resolution. That's will definitely benefit the community members. Have a nice day!

Cheers! 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    Friday, October 22, 2010 9:13 AM