none
LastChgDateTime triggered even if nothing changes? RRS feed

• Question

• MDS 2012:

I am loading data through the use of staging tables.  I have this process scheduled and using SSIS, I lookup if the record exists (by the business key) and if it does, I fill in the code.   MDS then performs the update if it is needed.  If it is not needed, the LastChgDateTime field still changes, even if nothing in the record changes.  By design or is there a way to configure this? 

Monday, July 7, 2014 2:26 AM

Answers

• so I guess I am going to go about this the ugly way.  In SSIS, I will perform a lookup on all of the attributes.  I'll then kick the Non-matches out to the next step and ignore the matches.  I wish the staging process was a bit more intelligent to handle these cases and know when an update was being made.  
    Sunday, July 13, 2014 4:17 PM

All replies

• so I guess I am going to go about this the ugly way.  In SSIS, I will perform a lookup on all of the attributes.  I'll then kick the Non-matches out to the next step and ignore the matches.  I wish the staging process was a bit more intelligent to handle these cases and know when an update was being made.  
    Sunday, July 13, 2014 4:17 PM
  • Elvis Long, Why did you mark this question as answered? The field does not do what it's name implies.

It should contain the datetime of the last change of the record. If nothing has changed, the field should not be updated. Seems a bug to me with two possible solutions:

- do not update the field when no change is done to the record
    - rename the field to LastSeenDateTime

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 1:10 PM