none
Isn't there a filter for the USB Topology Compatibility Test? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm down to my last WHCK test, the USB Topology Compatibility test, and it is passing all topologies except for the xHCI -> USB 3.0 -> DUT which of course requires a USB-IF certified USB 3.0 hub which doesn't exist (come on microsoft, really?).  The $299 TI Evaluation board they recommend is currently out of stock and I thought there was a filter for that test... but I've applied the 9/20 filter and the test is still marked as failed... has that filter expired?
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:32 PM (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, September 21, 2012 1:08 PM

Answers

• Hi, this is David on the Certification team here at Microsoft.  We share your frustration that the USB hubs aren't as readily available as we'd been lead to believe possible.  We have pushed out the enforcement yet another 2 months till 12/1/2012 on the assurance from vendors that availability will stop being an issue. In the process of extending the filter the other day, an error was made so the current filter disappeared, which explains why you are seeing the failure today.  That typo was corrected as soon as the error was noted (today 9/21) and the filter is queued for publishing tonight.  Sorry for the disruption and confusion.  But won't USB 3.0 be grand when its finally everywhere.
    Friday, September 21, 2012 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi, this is David on the Certification team here at Microsoft.  We share your frustration that the USB hubs aren't as readily available as we'd been lead to believe possible.  We have pushed out the enforcement yet another 2 months till 12/1/2012 on the assurance from vendors that availability will stop being an issue. In the process of extending the filter the other day, an error was made so the current filter disappeared, which explains why you are seeing the failure today.  That typo was corrected as soon as the error was noted (today 9/21) and the filter is queued for publishing tonight.  Sorry for the disruption and confusion.  But won't USB 3.0 be grand when its finally everywhere.
    Friday, September 21, 2012 6:30 PM
  • I'm running USB Topology Compatibility test and failed passing xHCI related configuration. The error message I got is: "DeviceIoControl failed to send cycle Upstream Hub Port.", "XHCI-DUT detected, port cycle failed." and  "Test setup failure detected."

Could any one give me any hint what's the problem? I'm desparate!!!

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:37 PM