Custom toolbox object using cached version in project RRS feed

• Question

• I created a VSIX project to add a few custom extensions to vs2015 for one of our applications. The first version worked great, I created a group with buttons for different time frames and the box required two datetimepickers to be assigned in the properties. Worked like a charm.

I made another custom control for the reporting period that had two datetimepickers, and instead of assigning those two to the time frame group I just modified the time frame group to take a reporting period control, and accessed the datetimepickers through that in the time frame group instead of taking the two datetimepickes

Creating a temporary form and adding the time frame group works like a charm and asks for a reporting period object. So I incremented the version number, built the VSIX file, uninstalled the old version from VS2015, installed the new version using the new VSIX file and opened our application solution. I deleted the old control and searched for the new one, dropped it in and went to set the reporting period property but it was still asking for the old datetimepickers instead.

I tried everything I could think of. I deleted the folder for the extension in the appdata/local/microsoft/vusalstudio/extensions folder, I searched all over for any reference to it, and couldn't find anything.

I'm at my wits end with this, I can't figure out why it seems to be caching the old version.

Also, creating a new project and using the exact same toolbox control objects show the updated properties. But the old project doesn't.

• Moved by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:13 AM not VS IDE issue
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi ebrownewell,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, your problem is more related to your custom VSIX extension, I help you move this thread to Visual Studio Integrate forum to get better help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:12 AM
  • Ah, sorry I wasn't quite sure where to put it. Thank you!
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:27 PM