Windows Store App Speech Synthesis

Question

• Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum, but I have a question that is really important to a project I'm working on.

I just started transitioning a Smart A.I. Assistant from a regular Windows Form app to a Windows Store app. Everything is going smooth so far except the fact that I can't figure out a way to get a custom voice for the synthesizer in. I was told that you can only use certain voices for Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis

My question is: Is there a way that I can use a custom voice with my windows store app? A work around.... or anything? It would be ideal if I could use the same voice that I used in my windows form version of the application.

Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:33 AM

Answers

• Hi malakai606,

Yes, exactly you can use Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis namespace as the voice output.

You can set the Voice | voice property by switching the voice from different countries, you can always create an audio stream and output speech based on a Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) text string.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:12 AM

All replies

• hi,

According to your description, it seems the issue is related to Windows Store, I will move this thread to Windows Store Discussions forums to get a better support.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:01 AM
  • Hi malakai606,

Yes, exactly you can use Windows.Media.SpeechSynthesis namespace as the voice output.

You can set the Voice | voice property by switching the voice from different countries, you can always create an audio stream and output speech based on a Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) text string.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:12 AM