Report Wizard does not open when selecting create new report (report viewer control for C# web application) RRS feed

• Question

• User536607801 posted

Not sure if there is a problem with my setup by am using VS 2012 and I am able to place a reportViewer control on to a page, web application.  When I select design report nothing seems to happen (trying to create a report).  I have a data source on the page as well that will be using with the report.  Is the report viewer control part of the .net framework, is it a seperate installation? 

Thanks.

Monday, April 14, 2014 5:01 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI,

I think this may be the issue as the machine that works has version 11 of both of these controls.

According to your description, you can check your machine environment on your side.

If this issue is related to your Visual Studio 2012, you could also consider restoring the IDE's default settings using command line below.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Best regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:05 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Is the report viewer control part of the .net framework, is it a seperate installation? 

It will install ToolBox when we install visual studio 2012.

According to the description above, you could check whether you use reportViewer control properly. To use a ReportViewer control in your application, you must know how to add the control to your project form or Web page, configure the control to use a local report definition or server report, update data source references, and test and deploy the reports and control in your application.

hope it helps.

Regards

Angie

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:37 AM
  • User536607801 posted

Thanks for the response, I have the report viewer working properly on another machine with VS2012 but noticed the machine with the report writer issue has version 10 of the reportviewer controls for both web and windows.  I think this may be the issue as the machine that works has version 11 of both of these controls.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:33 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI,

I think this may be the issue as the machine that works has version 11 of both of these controls.

According to your description, you can check your machine environment on your side.

If this issue is related to your Visual Studio 2012, you could also consider restoring the IDE's default settings using command line below.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Best regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:05 PM