Asp mvc5 website dreadfully slow on cellphone RRS feed

• Question

• User1451609391 posted

Hello. My mvc5 website is dreadfully slow on my cellphone. Initially i thought It may be images but i tried loading it without them and The site is still extremely slow like it take 4-5 minutes to load on my android smart phone. Is there anything that could be causing this? thanks.

Sunday, October 4, 2020 1:26 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Hello. My mvc5 website is dreadfully slow on my cellphone. Initially i thought It may be images but i tried loading it without them and The site is still extremely slow like it take 4-5 minutes to load on my android smart phone. Is there anything that could be causing this? thanks.

My first guess is bandwidth vs bytes in the response stream(s).  Get the number of bytes the phone must download to display the page.  This include CSS and JS files.   Then divide that number by your service bandwidth.

Try crafting a simple HTML page and see if the page loads any quicker.  

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 1:14 PM
  • User303363814 posted

Is it also slow on a desktop device?

What about a desktop device with network throttling emulated? (F12 - Performance - Network)

Is it slow only on the first access all for every access?

Is it slow on all browsers on the cellphone?

Is it slow on all models of cellphones?

Performance problems are similar to all problems - divide and conquer. Narrow down where the problem occurs and then narrow down further.  Keep going until you have something you can fix.

Good luck

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:37 PM