none
Running Windows 8.1 Build 150309-0310 in Galileo hangs after 2 minutes RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows 8.1 on an SD card (4GB).  Board boots, takes maybe 2 minutes to start, then shows up in the Galileo Watcher window.  I then telnet into the system, can do some dir commands, maybe use the web browser to check memory usage, and after this time, it hangs, and has to be forcible booted by powering up.  How can I log/debug what is happening?  I am not running any sketch, just want to boot Windows.  I updated the firmware on the Galileo to the latest version before proceeding.

Thanks for any help on debugging this.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:34 AM

All replies

• The only thing that comes to my mind would be try installing Windows onto a bigger/faster SD card (you didn't mention what class SD card you're using, so I'm just assuming).

Other than that, what do you mean with "maybe use the web browser to check memory usage"?

Cheers!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:16 PM
  • Can you try your scenario in a closed system?  That is can you use the Galileo without a live internet connection? We have seen issues with the TimeZone check so if it works when it can not check the timezone, that may be the culprit.

Also, as Goran suggested, do you have another SD card you could try?

Monday, May 11, 2015 5:36 PM