none
Importing a web page in EW2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been asked to update a web page on a regular basis and this is first time I have done this. I am using EW2 and using the import wizard to import an existing web page but when I do I get a message the says no files were imported. The platform is Windows XP.

Can someone tell me why I cannot import the website.

Cheers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:25 AM

All replies

• Rather than import the site, publish it back from the server to your local PC.

If it doesn't alreay exist, create an empty local site. Then set up the publishing destination for this site with the credentials for the remote site. Connect to the site and then publish it back to your PC.

HTH

Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:52 AM
  • And please see the page here Prerequisites for Using Microsoft Expression Web to attain reasonable expectations of what will be required of you, and this page to find the Learning Resources you will need to fulfill those expectations.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:31 PM