none
SAp Adapter for BizTalk Server 2013 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We have BizTalk Server 2013 R2 for our client and we are creating solution to call SAP RFC.

Here please advise steps to install SAP adapter so that I can use Send and Receive port for SAP.

Earlier in BizTalk Server 2006 I used My SAP business suite ..please advise from where to download adapter and steps to install..

-- Regards Sandeep

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hello Sandeep,

You need to download the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 64-bit and SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 32-bit

Refer: https://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/tag/wcf-sap/

Install the SAP Resources that you previous download in your BizTalk Server machine:

Open the “rfcsdk 64” folder containing the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 64-bit and access to the lib folder
    “C:\SAP Resources\rfcsdk 64\lib”

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-64-bit-lib-Resources

Install the SAP RFC SDK 64-bit DLLs by coping (or drag) them to the “System32” folder in your system “Windows” folder
    “C:\Windows\System32”:

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-64-bit-lib-Resources-Installation

And now we need to do the a similar process to the Open the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 32-bit

For that you need to open the “rfcsdk 32” folder containing the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 32-bit and access to the lib folder
    “C:\SAP Resources\rfcsdk 32\lib”

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-32-bit-lib-Resources

Install the SAP RFC SDK 32-bit DLLs by coping (or drag) them to the “SysWOW64” folder in your system “Windows” folder
    “C:\Windows\SysWOW64”:

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-32-bit-lib-Resources-Installation

Open the “r3dllinst\ ntpatch” folder containing the content of “r3dllinst.zip” file, ,and we need to execute the “R3DLLINS.EXE” tool, in order to install the SAP R/3 DLLs (Microsoft run-time DLLs):

msvcr71.dll
    msvcp71.dll
    mfc71.dll
    mfc71u.dll

install-SAP-r3dllinst-R3DLLINS

The tool specifies that the DLLs were installed under “C:\Windows\System32” folder, however because I’m using a 64-bit environment instead they were installed in “c:\Windows\SysWOW64” folder

install-SAP-r3dllinst-R3DLLINS-SysWOW64

You should check if DLL are present in “C:\Windows\System32”, if they are not I advise you to:
    Leave them in the ” c:\Windows\SysWOW64” folder
    And, just to be sure, copy the same four DLLs to “C:\Windows\System32” folder

install-SAP-r3dllinst-R3DLLINS-windows-folder

And finally we also need to installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package – 32-bit and 64-bit – containing the Visual C++ run-time DLLs required for SAP 7.20 (or 7.11) client:

Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) – 32-bit – by executing the “Vcredist_x86.exe” file that we previous download

On the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package window, click “Yes”

Microsoft-Visual-C  -2005-SP1-Redistributable-Package-x86

Do the same steps to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) – 64-bit – by executing the “Vcredist_x64.exe” file that we previous download

On the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package window, click “Yes”

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:43 PM

All replies

• Is the documentation at MSDN not enough?
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:44 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

You can refer to Sandro's wiki article: BizTalk Server 2013 R2: WCF-SAP Adapter Step-by-Step Installation Guide

The article is pretty comprehensive.

You can also refer to the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack Installation Guide is available to download at BizTalk 2013 and R2 Install Guides  

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

The SAP adapter, you need not explicitly download it. It gets installed with the adapter pack provided in the BizTalk 2013 R2 installation.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35552

You can download BizTalk 2013 R2 from the msdn downloads.

Regards Pushpendra K Singh

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:55 PM
  • Dear Pushpendra,

I have installed BizTalk Adapter from BizTalk 2013 R2 setup.

But in the link given in above post it says I need to download resources from SAP marketplace

You need to obtain a few resources from the SAP Service Marketplace in order to properly install WCF-SAP adapter:

• SAP RFC SDK <version> UNICODE 32-bit
    • SAP RFC SDK <version> UNICODE 64-bit

I get exception when I go to send port and select configure.

Also pls advise do I need to install SAP client on BizTalk server machine.

Pls advise I am not clear on this

-- Regards Sandeep

Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:37 PM
  • You have to download the SAP client binaries from the SAP Marketplace site. Your organization/client needs to have a Marketplace account for you to be able to download them.

This is described in the article from Sandro which Rachit shared earlier. Please follow that article, it has all the steps-

Download SAP Resources from SAP Service Marketplace

You need to obtain a few resources from the SAP Service Marketplace in order to properly install WCF-SAP adapter:

• SAP RFC SDK <version> UNICODE 32-bit
    • R3DLLINST.zip containing Microsoft run-time DLLs
    • SAPCAR – SAPCAR is a compress utility (similar to WinZip, tar and so on), that is used by SAP to compress and decompress nearly all delivered files

Unfortunately, SAP Service Marketplace is restricted, so if you like to benefit from the content and services offered in the different portals of the SAP Service Marketplace, you need to request your personal User ID  otherwise you need to ask your client or your SAP team to give you these resources.

In addition to the links above you may also find it useful to give these two SAP notes to your client or SAP team:

Unlike R3DLLINST.zip, that is a unique resource, on the SAP Service Marketplace portal SAP RFC SDK page you will find several resources and we must understand exactly what we need, in this case for example purposes, I’m using the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 page:

Depending in the SAP client version you want to install this may change a little, but it is practically the same for the other versions, as you can see in the case of SAP RFC SDK 7.00 page

What you need to download is the:

• Windows Server on IA32 32bit” –> this is the SAP RFC SDK 7.00 UNICODE 32-bit
    • And the “Windows on x64bit” –> SAP RFC SDK 7.00 UNICODE 64-bit

You also need to download SAPCAR to extract (unzip) the SAP resources, I think you may find this resource at service.sap.com/patches under:

• Download, Support Packages and Patches, Entry by Application Group, Additional Components and then SAPCAR

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:43 PM
  • Dear Arindam,

Thanks for reply..do I need to install SAP logon on BizTalk Server Machine.

Also my client is using SAP Logon 7.3

-- Regards Sandeep

Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

You can refer to Sandro's wiki article: BizTalk Server 2013 R2: WCF-SAP Adapter Step-by-Step Installation Guide

The article is pretty comprehensive.

You can also refer to the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack Installation Guide is available to download at BizTalk 2013 and R2 Install Guides  

Did you refer my post above. Just follow the Sandro's article, as mentioned previously it is pretty comprehensive.

As with the other LOB adapters (like Oracle for example), installing the BizTalk Adapter pack is not enough and you will need the additional resources like you have to Download SAP Resources from SAP Service Marketplace.

No need to install SAP logon on BizTalk Servers you will be communicating with SAP system using WCF-SAP Adapter.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:06 PM
  • Dear Rachit,

I am done with BizTalk Adapter pack installation, now to guide client on which version of SAP resources there need to download. I see in above post that

SAP RFC SDK <version> UNICODE 32-bit

Here version is SAP login version, now I can see resource download link upto 7.2 on installation guide given by MSDN...rest I will configure as per given steps.

-- Regards Sandeep

Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Hi Sandeep

Not at all - SAP GUI is not needed.

You just need the SAP client binaries to be downloaded and placed in the folders as mentioned in the blog post you are following. I would request you to go through the blog post minutely - it has all the details on how to set this up.

Thanks Arindam

• Hello Sandeep,

You need to download the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 64-bit and SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 32-bit

Refer: https://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/tag/wcf-sap/

Install the SAP Resources that you previous download in your BizTalk Server machine:

Open the “rfcsdk 64” folder containing the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 64-bit and access to the lib folder
    “C:\SAP Resources\rfcsdk 64\lib”

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-64-bit-lib-Resources

Install the SAP RFC SDK 64-bit DLLs by coping (or drag) them to the “System32” folder in your system “Windows” folder
    “C:\Windows\System32”:

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-64-bit-lib-Resources-Installation

And now we need to do the a similar process to the Open the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 32-bit

For that you need to open the “rfcsdk 32” folder containing the SAP RFC SDK 7.20 UNICODE 32-bit and access to the lib folder
    “C:\SAP Resources\rfcsdk 32\lib”

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-32-bit-lib-Resources

Install the SAP RFC SDK 32-bit DLLs by coping (or drag) them to the “SysWOW64” folder in your system “Windows” folder
    “C:\Windows\SysWOW64”:

SAP-rfcsdk-7.2-32-bit-lib-Resources-Installation

Open the “r3dllinst\ ntpatch” folder containing the content of “r3dllinst.zip” file, ,and we need to execute the “R3DLLINS.EXE” tool, in order to install the SAP R/3 DLLs (Microsoft run-time DLLs):

msvcr71.dll
    msvcp71.dll
    mfc71.dll
    mfc71u.dll

install-SAP-r3dllinst-R3DLLINS

The tool specifies that the DLLs were installed under “C:\Windows\System32” folder, however because I’m using a 64-bit environment instead they were installed in “c:\Windows\SysWOW64” folder

install-SAP-r3dllinst-R3DLLINS-SysWOW64

You should check if DLL are present in “C:\Windows\System32”, if they are not I advise you to:
    Leave them in the ” c:\Windows\SysWOW64” folder
    And, just to be sure, copy the same four DLLs to “C:\Windows\System32” folder

install-SAP-r3dllinst-R3DLLINS-windows-folder

And finally we also need to installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package – 32-bit and 64-bit – containing the Visual C++ run-time DLLs required for SAP 7.20 (or 7.11) client:

Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) – 32-bit – by executing the “Vcredist_x86.exe” file that we previous download

Microsoft-Visual-C  -2005-SP1-Redistributable-Package-x86

Do the same steps to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) – 64-bit – by executing the “Vcredist_x64.exe” file that we previous download

• Dear All,

I am able to configure SAP adapter but when I try to import SAP RFC schema in VS 2013 I get below exception

Pls advise

Connecting to the LOB system has failed.  Details: ErrorCode=RFC_OK. ErrorGroup=RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE. SapErrorMessage=Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon).  AdapterErrorMessage=..

-- Regards Sandeep

Friday, August 26, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Please go through the below mentioned link...

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1947187

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, August 26, 2016 6:02 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

Please open a fresh thread for a new question. And close this thread by marking appropriate answers.

We are here to help , but we also need to follow the code and conduct of the forums.

Friday, August 26, 2016 6:03 PM