none
HIPPA EDI batching Hierearchy Level and Grouping RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for assiatnce with the following:

1) I have a client that requires that only one loop 2000A is populated for all claims on a file. We are using Batching of the EDI, which currently has a LOOP 2000A for each claim. I am wondering is/how you can group by the information in LOOP 2000A to send only one occurrence on the file.

2) HierarchicalIDNumber - when batching the XML message from the Message Box, the HL information does not get resequenced. Do you need to parse the batched message and "reorder" the HierarchicalIDNumber values once the file has been batched?

This application uses BizTalk Server 2009 with the 837 schemas provided with BizTalk.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:13 PM

Answers

• 1. Right now you are creating a claim for every 2000, what you are going to have to do is create a convoy orchestration and map all of the claims into the 2300 level, or if you can get a message that has all of the claims for that payor in once message, then you simply map all of the claims to the 2300 level in one map, and you are ready to go.
    2. You don't have the ability to control how the batching orchestration batches the transactions when the release trigger is fired. You can do one of two things, you can manually create a convoy orchestration and capture all of the transactions and manually create the envelope tags so it 'emulates' the message that is created by the batching orchestration, or you can capture the xml message that is released from the batching orchestration before it goes out and reorder the HL Segments, or finally, you can explain to the recipient that there is enough checks in the EDI document (SE, GE, and IEA values) to ensure that they are not missing any data.

Good luck!

Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 6:09 AM