Sequencer Source , Seeking between files problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I m using media session and sequencer source. I added 2 topology in sequencer source to play and seek. but i m having following  problems -

1. Skipping to previous file not working properly : i used MFCreateSequencerSegmentOffset with sequencer element id which file i want to play. i skip 1st file to 2nd file, it worked(file skipped to 2nd) but when i come back(skip from 2nd to 1st) then it take too much time in skipping and sometime it dont skip(dont come from 2nd to 1st). i get all events(like topostatus_end, sinkswitched, ready and source_started) and i did not get any error.

2. When i seek file then i changed rate from 1 to 0 (dont want to play at time of seeking) so seeking performed in first file is good but when i skip file from 1st to 2nd then 2nd file play itself in slow motion.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:45 AM

Answers

• 1.  I am not sure what is going on here.  I wrote a simple test app that does sequencer element transitions back and forth and did not hit any delays or failures to transition.  Can you share more about the topologies used in this scenario?  What file types are used for the sources?  Are there any custom sources, transforms, or sinks?

2.  This is likely due to using seperate sinks for each topology.  To ensure things work well with the sequencer, you want each topology to be using the same sink instances -- that is, the audio renderer object should be the same between topologies, for example.  If you use seperate sinks, they can lose state information like the current rate and introduce delays during element transitions.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:36 PM