Home screen appears after a short delay after the power / lock button is pressed RRS feed

• Question

• After updating my Lumia Icon to 8.1 I have noticed that my phone takes some time to wake up. There is a 3 second delay when I click the Power/ Lock button to when my home screen displays. I performed a reset on my phone and the problem still persists. Any one else having this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated
    • Edited by Vindle Monday, April 14, 2014 6:42 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 6:40 PM

All replies

• Yep. Same happening here. Full reset didn't help me either.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:32 AM
  • I've been having the exact same issue with my icon. Full reset doesn't do anything either. Hopefully they figure this out! Mine has gotten to the point where the display won't come on at all unless I hold down the camera button.
    • Edited by Maetrix1 Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:06 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:05 AM
  • My Lumia 1520 does the same thing, wouldn't even respond to the unlock button a few times.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:12 AM
  • Since I upgraded to 8.1 the unlock button sometimes becomes unresponsive on my Lumia 1520.

I don't know what causes it yet. It just happens from time to time.

The only way to unlock the phone when this happens is double tapping the screen (if enabled) or holding the unlock button till the shutdown screen appears and abort.

I also had the problem once that I couldn't lock the phone and I had to wait till the screen times out, but I couldn't reproduce it anymore since then.

I have Glance + background image enabled, just incase that makes a difference.

Great update other than that though.

• Merged by Eli A Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:41 PM Merging Issue
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Screen wont turn off when pressing power button.  This has happened twice on my lumia 1520.  a reboot fixes, but seems like a bug
    • Merged by Eli A Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:49 PM Merging Threads
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:46 PM
  • same issue here. it seems that the longer the screen is off the longer the delay. when I lock it and press the button it turns right on, however, if I let it sit it takes longer. Once I needed the camera button to unlock it. At least I know I'm not the only one seeing this issue.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:10 PM
  • Might be related to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fcdee379-c7d2-40e4-875f-427219c32064/unlock-button-unresponsive-sometimes-with-81?forum=winphoneosissues
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:11 PM
  • have the exact same issue on my Lumia 1520 wp8.1 preveiw.  its happened twice to me where i cant turn the screen off with teh power button.  a reboot fixes it, but hopefully this bug is fixed.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ddea6936-921a-487f-8819-699a151503a9/screen-wont-turn-off-when-pressing-power-button-occasionally?forum=winphoneosissues

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:16 PM
  • Another Icon owner here with the same problem.  I uninstalled Bing Weather and it seems to have greatly improved the problem.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:26 PM
  • I am also having this issue with the Lumia 1520 after the update and holding until the shutdown screen comes on and aborting has been my way out of it...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:40 PM
  • Try turning off the WiFi and see if this corrects your problem. It is the cause on other models and may be the universal cause of the issue waking the phone up and the random reboots. 
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:40 PM
  • I'm experiencing similar behavior but on a Nokia ICON...
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:45 PM
  • Same Problem with Lumia 1520 here. Do you guys have the Problem that when you unlock your Phone, sometimes it just says loading ... and no Start Screen appears?
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:11 PM
  • For me on a 1020, the same issue exists, but only when charging the phone through a wall socket (original charger).

Shortly, the lock/unlock/power button does not work anymore.

If the screen is locked it cannot be unlocked . If the screen is unlocked the same thing is true - lock/unlock/power button does not work anymore.

The only solution is to unplug it. It's weird since it works fine while charging from a USB port.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:00 PM
  • I'm also having this issue on my AT&T Lumia 1520. It happens at random. The button will sometimes take a few seconds to respond. Other times, it won't respond at all. Seems to happen regardless of whether it's been on the charger or not. Glance is turned off as well. It also happens when Wi-Fi is turned off.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:42 AM
  • Got a brand-new Nokia Icon (929) from Verizon. Worked fine powering on and off with retail WP 8.0 GDR3 installed.

After upgrade to WP8.1 DP, the screen only powers on occasionally.  Many times the delay between pressing the power button and seeing the display turn on is between 1 and 4 seconds.  Sometimes, the power button doesn't respond at all.  Multiple presses often fails to get a response.  Sometimes, the result is the 'Slide down to power off' prompt (!).

Suspecting a hardware problem, I returned the device, got a new Icon with WP8.0 GDR3 retail without the problem.  Again - after upgrading to WP8.1 DP, this problem came back.

It sure looked like a hardware problem - which is why I went through the trouble to exchange the device.  In the end, it's clear now it's software.  Can you please comment on or fix this.  Having to return the device and get a substantial regression on a new, flagship WP Phone is not a step forward for WP8.1.

• Edited by Douglas800 Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:06 AM
    • Merged by Eli A Monday, April 21, 2014 8:50 PM Merging Threads
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:59 AM
  • Unfortunately, I can't provide a fix.

But I can report that I have the very same problem with my Lumia 1520. My Lumia 620 however, does not have any problem with turning on instantly.

________________ drahnier

After two days of using the phone, this issue has either fixed itself or I 'fixed' it unknowingly by adjusting some settings.
    • Edited by dd-drahnier Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:34 AM status update
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:08 AM
  • I updated my HTC 8X to WP 8.1 Preview, it looks good at first, but after some reboots to set language and region, there are a lot of bugs appeared. One worst thing is, the lock/unlock button doesn't work. So if my phone is locked after timeout, I even could not unlock it except reboot it. And I also could not shut down this phone, when I press power button (same with lock/unlock), it will reboot the phone, and never shut down it. Any ideas?

• Merged by Eli A Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:51 PM Merging Threads
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:24 PM
  • I have the same problem, and everyone else with an Icon has this issue.  It's been mentioned on all Windows Phone forums except this one it seems.  There doesn't seem to be a fix right now and it's definitely a software issue because all Icon's have it and it only happens with the 8.1 Preview installed.  MS please work on this.  Sometimes i can't even wake my phone up!
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:36 PM
  • Having the same issues on my Icon. Uninstalled Bing Weather with no real effect. Delay ranges from 1-5 seconds.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:13 AM
  • I'm pretty sure this is a known issue if you're using an app as your lockscreen background. It's also been an issue in 8.0, so it's not limited to the new update. Try setting the lock screen background as a photo and see if that fixes the problem.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:35 AM
  • Mine has always been set as a photo but I still have this issue. It was never like this with 8.0 and only appeared with the 8.1 preview.
    • Edited by Rayzur Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:40 AM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:38 AM
  • same here with my Lumia 520.. I found out that the problem is with the proximity sensor.

when ever this delay shit happens, I found out that even my screen doesn't go off during the call it even shows the display.

also the automatic brightness feature will not work.

I think Nokia came out with stupid proximity sensor. Anyways I found the solution. When ever this happens I just switch my phone off and turn it on. This will solve the problem temporarily. Sometimes it works for weeks but someday it will behave the same afterwards......

• Proposed as answer by Srinath23 Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:15 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Eli A Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:30 PM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:14 AM
  • Yes.  All Icons are affected too.  See this related post titled "Power Button on all Nokia Icon devices sporatic after upgrade to WP8.1 Dev Preview"
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:37 AM
  • Has anyone noticed a sluggish reaction to the power button on the nokia Lumia icon with win phone 8.1.. Anytime I resume

from sleep it takes 4 seconds to turn on.... It's started the second I completed the update to wp8.1. So it is definitely not an issue with the phone itself.

just for clarification I am not turning the phone all the way off I am just turning the screen off. That is what take 4-6 seconds...

• Merged by Eli A Monday, April 21, 2014 8:49 PM Merging Thread
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:28 PM
  • Have the same problem except with my HTC 8xt, its either really slow to turn on from sleep, or it doesn't at all and I have to restart it. 
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:33 PM
  • my 1520 is doing the same thing intermittently. I turned on the double tap screen to wake so at least I am not having to restart everytime.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:43 PM
  • My Lumia 1520 does this :/ Not sure why. It hasn't done it for a while now though but I usually have to resort to the double tap to wake feature, which works instantly.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:02 PM
  • I am experiencing the same sleep to wake lag on my Icon.  Timed it at 4 seconds as well.  A device restart seems to resolve it briefly but that fix doesn't last.  If the phone sits idle for too long the issue returns.  
    • Edited by Rapperman Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:18 PM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:11 PM
  • i have the same problem with my 920. i pressed the button for 10 times and phone did not turn on. i have to hold the soft reset button to restart my phone.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:17 PM
  • Exact same problem today on my Icon as well, for me it seems to mostly be after taking photos. When the screen is off after that, when I try to wake it by hitting the power button, nothing.  Totally dead. No buttons work, took me a couple minutes to actually get it to wake up again before finally working.  I wondered if the battery had died on me that fast, but it was still about 90% when I finally got it back on again. That's happened five or six times now, where I can't get the phone to turn back on.

John

• Edited by jdthird Friday, April 18, 2014 3:52 AM
    Friday, April 18, 2014 3:51 AM
  • Same issue with my Icon. Oddly enough I didn't experience it until the second day after upgrading to 8.1 preview. It was flawless the first day with it.

Today, however, five or six times I couldn't get it to come on at all, took literally two minutes of pushing buttons trying to get a response from the system before it finally woke up again, battery was about 90% full...

John

Friday, April 18, 2014 3:54 AM
  • same on my 925. happened twice . . .soft reset resolved
    Friday, April 18, 2014 10:19 AM
  • Same here with Nokia 620. I have to pull the battery for it to start again.
    Friday, April 18, 2014 9:29 PM
  • Nokia Icon doesn't self-correct after reboot or reset.  Occurs only with WP8.1 Developer Preview.  Doesn't occur on Retail Icon WP 8.0.
    Friday, April 18, 2014 10:49 PM
  • Nokia Lumia 1020 have the same problem, and it's worst.

Sometime the lock key not working (no matter how many time I pressed, or how long I waited). It's usually happened when disconnect from charger, or from computer

Turn off and turn on solve the problem temporarily.

Making HELLO WORLD

Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:52 AM
  • My phone(lumia 925 with wp 8.1 preview) no wake up on double tap or power button, run only after soft restart...
    • Merged by Eli A Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:52 PM Merging Thread
    Monday, April 21, 2014 11:32 AM
  • Hello Domistyle,
    We are looking into this issue further and would like to try a few things.

Can you see if your device has an update to the Glance feature on your phone?  There may be an update that your phone won't take automatically.  If you can please check in the Store to see if there is an update available.

If you disable Glance, does the phone response better?

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Support Delivery Manager

Monday, April 21, 2014 3:47 PM
  • Same thing on HTC 8XT. 
    Monday, April 21, 2014 5:46 PM
  • I'm getting this problem (again) glance seems tombs up to date and a soft reset fixes it fast. wondering if there  a bug with the gyro/ accel or something ?? both times it happened this AM after I tossed my 925 (gently!) onto my bed . . .
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:01 AM
  • I'm getting this problem (again) glance seems to be up to date and a soft reset fixes it fast. wondering if there's  a bug with the gyro/ accel or something ?? both times it happened this AM after I tossed my 925 (gently!) onto my bed . . .

(btw when its ok I don't have any delays with power button)

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:04 AM
  • Hello Everyone,
    We are looking into this issue further and would like to try a few things.

Can you see if your device has an update to the Glance feature on your phone?  There may be an update that your phone won't take automatically.  If you can please check in the Store to see if there is an update available.

If you disable Glance, does the phone response better?

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:34 PM
  • I don't have any "Glance" app installed, and I see nothing in the store that I would assume would be related when I search for "glance"

John

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:44 PM
  • Yes, Nokia Glance is for Nokia Lumia devices.  If you go to Settings -> Glance it would be a configuration setting in there.

It basically allows you to display information on the screen such as time while the screen is off.  So you can pull it out of your pocket and see the time without turning it on.

Thanks,
    Eli A.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:54 PM
  • Yes, I have a new Nokia Icon, and there's no glance and nothing for "glance" under settings.  So at least in my case, this problem with being unable to power it on randomly has nothing to do with 'glance'.

John

• Edited by jdthird Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:13 PM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:13 PM
  • Same here -- I don't have (and can't have) Glance, because it's not made for the Icon.  Yet I still have the unresponsive issue.

Shawn Keene

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:16 PM
  • Eli - There is no Glance on the Nokia Icon. And it's the phone that seems to have the problem the worse.  I have 2 coworkers with Icons also.  Those on the Developer Preview have the problem.  Those that don't are fine.

• Edited by Douglas800 Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:53 PM
  • I have the latest glance app but I've always had glance disabled. I still have this issue on my Lumia 1520.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:25 PM
  • Hello Everyone,
    We are looking into this issue further, and would like to collect some logs from your device.  When you have time, please head over to our chat support team and advise them that you are seeing this specific issue and were asked to provide logs.

The agents there will walk you through the process from there.

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Hello Everyone,
    We are looking into this issue further, and would like to collect some logs from your device.  When you have time, please head over to our chat support team and advise them that you are seeing this specific issue and were asked to provide logs.

The agents there will walk you through the process from there.

In addition, please provide the following information here in the forums if you not done so already:

• Make/Model of Device
    • Mobile Operator
    • Country
    • Windows Phone Version/Build #
    • Firmware Version #
    • Repro Steps (any specific apps being open or regular process you are doing when this is being seen?)

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:27 PM
    • Make/Model of Device - Nokia Lumia 1520.2
    • Mobile Operator - AT&T
    • Country - US
    • Windows Phone Version/Build # - 8.10.12359.845
    • Firmware Version # - 1028.3562.1407.1001
    • Repro Steps - After being on and asleep for a short time, pressing the lock button has a delay of about 4 seconds. Sometimes the phone will not respond at all to the lock button. Holding down the camera button goes to the camera and the phone can then be unlocked. It might be worth noting that if I have glance enabled then this problem doesn't exist. The phone wakes up instantly.

I will be submitting logs also.

Edit: I've uploaded logs with the issue happening.
    • Edited by Rayzur Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:52 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:09 PM
  • Hello Everyone,

Please make sure you are in contact with our support team to get the correct information logged and sent up to our team.  Our support agents are advised on what information to collect, and to forward on to our engineers.

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Friday, April 25, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Make/Model of Device:  Nokia Lumia Icon 929
    • Mobile Operator: Verizon
    • Windows Phone Version/Build #:  8.10.12359.845
    • Firmware Version #: 1028.3539.1402.1042
    • Repro Steps (any specific apps being open or regular process you are doing when this is being seen?):  No specific pattern that I've seen, sometimes the device simply delays when trying to 'wake up' or turn the screen back on. Sometimes it won't wake up at all and I have to hold the power button for 15 seconds and reboot it.

I've also noticed that it seems sometimes worse if the power state changes (plugged in or unplugged).  It also delays when you plug it in to start charging. I'll plug it in, and instead of a beep a few seconds later, it will wait a couple minutes before the "start charging" sound tone plays.

Shawn Keene

Friday, April 25, 2014 5:02 PM
    • Make/Model of Device: Nokia Lumia 1020
    • Mobile Operator: Viettel
    • Windows Phone Version/Build #: 8.1.12359.845
    • Firmware Version #: 3051.40000.1345.1001
    • Repro Steps:
    1. Plug the phone in a charger, sometime it will happen (80%)
    2. If It's not, after full charge, plug it out, it will happen (90%)
    3. The lock button have slow response, about 20 seconds, or it's doesn't work at all
    4. Holding down the camera button, the phone vibrate, the camera open (i can see the trap door of camera open), but the screen still display the glance screen
    5. If the lock button doesn't response at all, and i cannot take out the battery (Nokia lumia 1020), i usually plug it in the charger again, and this time, the screen will instantly go on, then i can swipe down to restart
    6. After restart, the battery usually display at the exact same level when i charging it the first time, and after about 10 minute, it's will be 100%
    Friday, April 25, 2014 5:24 PM
  • I have an Icon myself and I think this issue has to do with the proximity or light sensor ONLY due to the fact that I'll hit the lock key to turn the screen on and nothing happens (randomly only...not every time), but when I hit the lock key and tap my fingers near then top of the screen around the sensors, it comes on.  It's almost like an extremely overprotective(and broken) screen unlock prevention when it's in the pocket.

Also my Icon restarts at 8:30pm EST every night...no clue why.

• Proposed as answer by ahigee Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:10 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by TimothyMPModerator Sunday, May 4, 2014 3:15 PM
    Saturday, April 26, 2014 12:44 AM
  • That doesn't work for me at all.

Shawn Keene

Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:06 PM
  • Must be related to this other issue: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a624329f-7afc-4f7b-89c8-ccd71b29888d/81-touch-responsiveness-issue?forum=winphoneosissues

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMuKHheeaM

Regards

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:48 PM
  • Yup my 1520 also facing this problem, delay
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 4:13 AM
  • Hello All:

We continue to thank you for bringing this to our attention and want to be sure that anyone with this experience is starting a live chat so logs can be collected.  The chat team that can assist you with this can be contacted here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Friday, May 9, 2014 6:44 AM
  • Has anyone noticed that there is also now a delay when you plug the device into power?  Sometimes (but not always) it takes several moments before it makes the "start charging" sound.

Shawn Keene

Friday, May 9, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Has anyone noticed that there is also now a delay when you plug the device into power?  Sometimes (but not always) it takes several moments before it makes the "start charging" sound.

Shawn Keene

Yes, same here. Lumia 1520. But not new to me, I had the same experience with Windows Phone 8.

________________ drahnier

Saturday, May 10, 2014 1:47 AM
  • My Icon worked fine for about a week after my WP8.1 Dev Preview update, but now I'm experiencing the same issue.  I have about a 3-4 second delay for the lock screen to appear.  Usually this happens after the phone has been in sleep mode or charging for a while.  I suspect this may have something to do with either the firmware or a hardware driver issue.  Microsoft really needs to address this issue QUICKLY if they truly want to compete for market share, especially with Apple soon to release iPhone 6.  I am fully aware that this is a Developer Preview and that Microsoft is working on getting all the bugs out, but this one needs SPECIAL attention.  No one wants a flag ship device that won't even turn on.  Also, there is a serious problem with WiFi connection signal strength fluxuating.  Verizon wireless recently sent out an update but only for the WP8.0 users of the Icon.  No update for the WP8.1 Dev Preview users (which I really don't understand - maybe Verizon is trying to stick it back to MS for allowing the Dev Preview on their network.)  Either way, I hope MS gets these bugs worked out quickly.  I'd hate to see Apple steal potential WP users away with their iPhone 6.

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:09 PM
  • Hello Folks,
    We are still needing logs collected on this issue.  We are asking that you please head over to our chat support team and advise them that you are seeing this specific issue and were asked to provide logs.  They will work with you to collect the correct logs and make sure they are sent up to our team.

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:15 PM
  • Hello All:

Just wanted to bump this thread and encourage anyone with this issue to vote for this thread and then head on over to chat support so logs can be collected.  The chat team is great and they will know what log to have you collect.  To make things a bit easier, provide them a link to this forum post.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Friday, May 16, 2014 11:26 PM
  • Hello,

First off I just want to say this new update is excellent and I would never go back. Thanks again everybody for the hard work. One small issue that I have noticed since upgrading to 8.1 on my 1520.

Once or twice a day when I press the power button to wake up the phone it becomes unresponsive. The screen stays black and nothing works including the power button. Initially I would reset the phone but this week I decided to just wait a bit. After about 30 seconds the screen will wake up and be in a 8 bit color mode. After unlocking the phone and using it for a bit the full range of colors will return.

This problem happens every day but it is not the end of the world. I usually just wait and it will eventually come around. Without knowing what is actually going on it almost seems like a resource issue. Its like there is a lag and it cannot process my commands at that point in time.

Anyone else? (line from Thor 2)

• Merged by Eli A Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:05 PM Merging Threads
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:20 AM
  • Hi,

I am using Nokia Lumia 720. I have update my phone to Windows Phone 8.1 dev preview. The update is awesome till last week. Now I am experiencing Power button is unresponsive. Need to press the button long to wake up the phone. It is so much irritating. While checking for fixing it I found Glance screen is the problem. Just turn offf the Glance screen feature and left it for few days. And then Power button becomes too worse. Today I tried enabling the Glance screen to Peek and tried. Till now it is working like a charm.!!!!!

• Merged by Eli A Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:03 PM MErging Tasks
    Monday, May 19, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Not sure why, but I redid the WP8.0 Nokia Software Recovery Tool thing and now I'm not having any problems with my Lumia Icon. This is what I did.

1. Back up EVERYTHING you don't want to lose from your phone to your PC! BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

2. Download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool from Nokia's website.

3. Install the software on your PC.

4. Connect your phone to your PC and run the NSRT. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL THIS HAS COMPLETED FULLY! NSRT will download the latest firmware and software for your phone. For Lumia Icon users this will INCLUDE the latest Wi-Fi firmware upgrade fix. This is a VERY LONG process. The file is 4.29 GB (for Icon) and you should use a high-speed internet connection (the faster the better).

5. Once FULLY completed, if you are not going to upgrade to WP8.1 DP again, go ahead and reinstall your apps and enjoy WP8.0 until the final release comes from Verizon. If you ARE going to re-upgrade to WP8.1 DP, HOLD OFF on reinstalling your apps. The reason is that some of the previous apps for WP8.0 are not designed for 8.1 and might be causing issues if already installed prior to upgrading. These apps will be known once you upgrade. They will be listed as "incompatible" in the app store.

6. FOR THOSE UPGRADING TO 8.1 - Go ahead and download and install the Preview for Developers App in the store and run it.

7. Upgrade to WP8.1 DP as you did before.

8. Once upgraded, DO NOT use the Restore from Backup feature!!! MANUALLY install apps from the App Store (using "my apps" section). Recommend you do this over Wi-Fi so you don't eat up your cellular data plan. This is where you will see the apps that aren't suggested to be "compatible" with WP8.1.

I did this and my Lumia Icon is working just like it did with WP8.0. No lag, no power button issue, no Wi-Fi issue. No problems whatsoever!   

• Edited by rednibkram Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:51 PM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 2:43 PM

Like everyone else here I have been having issue with the power button not responding on my Icon after updating to Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview.

• Make/Model of Device:  Nokia Lumia ICON
    • Mobile Operator:  Verizon
    • Windows Phone Version/Build #:  8.10.12397.895
    • Firmware Version #:  1028.3539.1402.1042
    • Repro Steps (any specific apps being open or regular process you are doing when this is being seen?)  No pattern, seems to happen at random.  When it happens, the best way to get the phone to respond is to hold the camera button to launch the camera app, and then back out of that.

I also have issues with the phone randomly rebooting which is disconcerting considering how stable I have found Windows Phone to be all through WP7 and WP8.  This seems most common when I have Wi-fi enabled.  I don't know that it's directly related to this issue but thought I would mention it.

I have performed both soft and hard resets.  After hard resetting the phone I did not restore from a backup.  Problems still occur after these troubleshooting steps.

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:44 PM