Can I use load balancers for my Blob/File Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to have load balancer for any Azure storage services other than CDN endpoints to access the data. 

Friday, October 11, 2019 11:49 AM

Answers

• At present, you have only CDN option:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cdn/cdn-create-a-storage-account-with-cdn

Azure Load Balancer could load incoming traffic for Azure VM, VM scale sets or availability sets. Azure blob cannot be used as a backend for incoming traffic from load balancer.

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Ben.Paul Friday, October 11, 2019 1:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivan RA Monday, October 14, 2019 6:10 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Please correct me if I misunderstand you : Is there any way to load balance the Azure Blob Storage by just using Azure Load Balancer and the Blob Storage (without needing a service)?

You could not do that using Azure Load Balancer since it only could load incoming traffic for Azure VM, VM scale sets or availability sets. Azure blob storage could not be a backend for receiving the incoming traffic from load balancer frontend.

If you want to improve the Azure blob storage response performance, you could enable Azure CDN for the storage account.

Azure CDN offers developers a global solution for delivering high-bandwidth content. It can cache blobs and static content of compute instances at physical nodes in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.

Also, If you no longer want to cache an object in Azure CDN, you could remove content from Azure CDN.

QuickStart: Integrate an Azure storage account with Azure CDN

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, October 11, 2019 2:02 PM

All replies

• At present, you have only CDN option:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cdn/cdn-create-a-storage-account-with-cdn

Azure Load Balancer could load incoming traffic for Azure VM, VM scale sets or availability sets. Azure blob cannot be used as a backend for incoming traffic from load balancer.

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Ben.Paul Friday, October 11, 2019 1:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivan RA Monday, October 14, 2019 6:10 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Please correct me if I misunderstand you : Is there any way to load balance the Azure Blob Storage by just using Azure Load Balancer and the Blob Storage (without needing a service)?

You could not do that using Azure Load Balancer since it only could load incoming traffic for Azure VM, VM scale sets or availability sets. Azure blob storage could not be a backend for receiving the incoming traffic from load balancer frontend.

If you want to improve the Azure blob storage response performance, you could enable Azure CDN for the storage account.

Azure CDN offers developers a global solution for delivering high-bandwidth content. It can cache blobs and static content of compute instances at physical nodes in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.

Also, If you no longer want to cache an object in Azure CDN, you could remove content from Azure CDN.

QuickStart: Integrate an Azure storage account with Azure CDN

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, October 11, 2019 2:02 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, October 14, 2019 5:08 AM