none
[MS-OXPROTO / MS-OXCRPC] EcDoConnect RRS feed

• Question

• [MS-OXPROTO] v20110315 Section 2.52.5 identifies two request types that the client can use (EcDoConnectEx and EcDoConnect), referring out to [MS-OXCRPC].

I cannot find a description of EcDoConnect in [MS-OXCRPC].

Questions:

1. Is the [MS-OXCRPC] request operation supported in any version of Exchange covered by the Open Specifications? [I understand that it works with all versions, subject to some initial configuration settings]

2. Is the [MS-OXCRPC] request operation supported in any version of Outlook covered by the Open Specifications? [I understand that it works with at least some versions, but it isn't normally used unless EcDoConnectEx is not available.]

3. If the answer to both of the above is that it is supported, and given that it is an endorsed alternative (per [MS-OXPROTO] Section 2.5.2.5), can it be documented in a future version of [MS-OXCRPC]?

Thanks!

Brad

Saturday, May 14, 2011 5:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Brad,

Thank you for your question.  Someone on our team will follow up with you soon to investigate.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Saturday, May 14, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Brad,

I am the engineer who has taken ownership of your issue. I am currently investigating this and will update you as things progress.

Monday, May 16, 2011 1:50 PM
  • Brad,

The information you requested is for a version of Exchange or Outlook that is not supported under our Interoperability efforts.

This is a bug in [MS-OXPROTO] and the reference to EcDoConnect will be removed in a future release of the documentation as
    this method has been deprecated and is not supported.

EcDoConnect has not been supported for some time and EcDoConnectEx was recommended to be used in its place.

See the following forum thread on this issue: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/os_exchangeprotocols/thread/77111b3c-45dd-498c-b825-7fb333857943

I hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by King Salemno Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brad Hards Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:23 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:17 PM
  • King,

While I would like to have seen this documented, I accept the outcome.

Brad

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:23 PM