none
Don't know what to chose in the 'Add Function Import' when importing a stored procedure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a stored procedure that takes in one parameter and returns a collection of data.

When I tr to import the sp into the entity framwork I get the 'Add Function Import' dialog.

What do I chose?

None?

Scalars?

Complex?

Entities?

I tried cosing 'Get Column Information' then 'Create New Complex Type' but when I looked at what was created I don't see anywhere where it shows the input parameter of my sp.

So what I am looking for is to send my input parameter to my sp through the entity framework and have return the collection of data that is returned after being filtered by the input parameter.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you

Monday, May 7, 2012 1:11 AM

Answers

• Hi mutlyp,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Don't care about input parameters, after creating the new complex type, please click 'OK'. Then the stored procedure has already import as a function into your project, when you call the function, you will find the input parameters need to be passed in.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have a stored procedure that takes in one parameter and returns a collection of data.

When I tr to import the sp into the entity framwork I get the 'Add Function Import' dialog.

What do I chose?

None?

Scalars?

Complex?

Entities?

I tried cosing 'Get Column Information' then 'Create New Complex Type' but when I looked at what was created I don't see anywhere where it shows the input parameter of my sp.

So what I am looking for is to send my input parameter to my sp through the entity framework and have return the collection of data that is returned after being filtered by the input parameter.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you

Monday, May 7, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Hi mutlyp,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Don't care about input parameters, after creating the new complex type, please click 'OK'. Then the stored procedure has already import as a function into your project, when you call the function, you will find the input parameters need to be passed in.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:25 AM