Cannot Delete an App (Reserved Name) from the New Dashboard - Operation is Not Valid RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but I cannot find any related questions, or answers, on this forum or anywhere else on the Web.

Since the migration to the new dashboard a few weeks ago, I cannot delete apps (essentially, just reserved names), which were created before the migration. I get the following error if I press the Delete button:

The site says: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

(which I assume is the internal web server error, due to possibly a bug in the new dashboard, or some kind of data corruption during migration.)

Has anybody run into a similar problem? Any solutions?

Thanks, -Harry

Monday, August 24, 2015 9:11 PM

Answers

• try to contact MS Support, they can solve it
    • Proposed as answer by fileman Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Harry-- Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi, I have the same problem. Any solution?
    Sunday, September 6, 2015 12:58 PM
  • I also have the same problem. I have managed to delete a reserved name once (on the new dashboard!), but I am now getting the same error message consistently.
    Sunday, September 6, 2015 3:46 PM
  • Hello, same problem here..
    Monday, September 7, 2015 7:26 AM
  • hello, me too

"...this is a known issue that we are currently investigating to ensure a resolution is reached..."

• Edited by fileman Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:04 AM update from MS support
    Monday, September 7, 2015 8:34 AM
  • Nobody can delete an app with reserved name ?
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:45 PM
  • People were having trouble deleting reserved names from their app.

I think it has been sorted.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:54 PM
  • try to contact MS Support, they can solve it
    • Proposed as answer by fileman Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Harry-- Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:05 PM
  • Hi fileman, is your account now "fixed" after contacting MS support? (BTW, how do you contact MS support? I couldn't find any link from my Dashboard.) I was hoping they will roll out some kind of patch for people like us, but that hasn't happened yet, after almost two months (at least as far as my account is concerned). Thanks for sharing the info. ~H

• Edited by Harry-- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:48 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:45 PM
  • Hi, fixed in less than 2 weeks Community -> Assisted support 

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:26 PM
  • Thanks, fileman. I sent an email through the support site, and I got a response right away.

Based on the email I got,

You cannot delete an app if the app ever had a submission attempt. Apparently, it is a new intended behavior of the new Dashboard. (The problem is, in the old dashboard, the only way to reserve an app name was actually to create an (incomplete) submission, I think. Hence, by default, now you cannot delete any apps that were created in the old dashboard.)

At this point, the only way to delete these apps is, therefore, to go through the MS Support. (I provided a list of apps that need to be deleted to the support person.)

Hope this helps, ~Harry

Update: Just FYI, as of 10/05, the apps I requested for deletion have all been removed from my dashboard.

• Edited by Harry-- Sunday, October 11, 2015 6:13 AM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:45 PM