none
EWSLog on the Exchange Server: Where are they, how do you turn this logging on. Thanks MM RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone,

Can someone please tell me where are the EWSLog on the Exchange server are located.

Is there something that you need to do to turn this logging on. I have Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 co-existence at the moment.

Any help much appreciated.

MM

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 10:35 AM

All replies

• Logging is enabled by default in 2010 and 2013 and the logs should be on the CAS server the serviced the EWS request by default the path would be  \Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Logging\Ews

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:18 AM
  • Hey Glen,

Only back from holidays. This location, it's doesn't 't exist on my Exchange Server.

When I go to Program Files, there is the path Microsoft/Exchange Sever/V15/Logging/Monitoring and thats it

Under the Monitoring folder, there is an ActiveMonitoringTraceLogs folder and all there is is an ActiveMonitoringTraceLogs file

There's no EWS, any idea?

Thanks 

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:38 AM
  • V15 indicates your using 2013 not 2010, on 2013 see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeamsgdev/archive/2014/09/19/troubleshooting-exchange-2013-mail-apps-executeewsproxy-calls.aspx and check

"

The Ews and Owa HttpProxy logs on the Exchange 2013 Client Access server (C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Logging\HttpProxy – Owa and Ews folders)

• The Ews logs on the target Exchange 2013 Mailbox server (C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Logging\Ews)

"

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 3:18 AM