Project Site as a PDP page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have few client who don;t want to use Ribbon to access Project site for a project. We cam across a idea that if we can make a PDP  (Project Detail Pages ) page of Project site or  can use site URL as hyperlink in PDP page?

Any help in this regard will br appriciated.

Regards

R A A

Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:24 AM

All replies

• You could display the lists from the project site using the "Project Workspace List Viewer" solution starter.

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:32 PM
  • Thank Prasanna for kind response.

I am able to show the project site list in another simpel way, but my goal is to associate the Project site URL in PDP page and when that PDP e.g. ' Project information' is opneded , it should also show the link to Project site as well.

R A A

Friday, April 5, 2013 5:11 AM
  • You could do it with InfoPath or an Excel Services report - that filters based on the ProjectUID in the URL.  There're a couple blog posts about how to do that.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Friday, April 5, 2013 8:08 AM
  • You can create a simple visual web part and create a hyperlink by get relevant project's workspace URL from the database.

HTH

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Sunday, April 7, 2013 12:20 PM
  •  

Thank you Kashif for your response!

But it’s still not work able. As project workspace URL is in hardcoded format i.e. usually based on Settings, when a project plan is create, its work space site URL is also made with the same name as that of plan name.

While using PDP, how to relate project workspace URL with Database to get relevant information. It requires some code? As I have tried everything in User Interface but not much success till now!

Regards

R A A

Monday, April 8, 2013 5:53 AM
  • In your code behind of your web part, you can get the project's ProjUid in the querystring as shown below. I'm using my wrapper for fetching data. You can use your own.

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                string ProjectUid = "";
                if (Request.QueryString["ProjUid"] != null)
                {
                    ProjectUid = Request.QueryString["ProjUid"].ToString();
                    DataSet ds = DataCon.GetData("GetProjectURLByProject", new Guid(ProjectUid));
                    if (ds.Tables.Count > 0)
                    {
                        lbtnProjectURL.Text = ds.Tables[1].Rows[0][1].ToString();

lbtnProjectURL.NavigateURL= ds.Tables[1].Rows[0][2].ToString();
                    }
                }
            }

and below is the query you can use to get the relevant projects workspace URL. Of course you've to write your own procedure with a parameter for project uid.

Select
     [ProjectServer_Test_Reporting].[dbo].[MSP_EpmProject_UserView].ProjectUID,
     [ProjectServer_Test_Reporting].[dbo].[MSP_EpmProject_UserView].ProjectWorkspaceInternalHRef
     FROM [ProjectServer_Test_Reporting].[dbo].[MSP_EpmProject_UserView]
     Where
     ProjectUID='0A3104D5-C1DE-42C0-9729-AAD2B6672363'

Hope this helps!

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Monday, April 8, 2013 7:24 AM