ADO(MD) - How to get granularity/measure groups metadata? RRS feed

• Question

• I went through the documentation and I just couldn't find a way to get to the measure group metadata. I already tried to debug the api objects properties and do all kinds of openschema but found nothing.

Note: this is the classic/old/COM ADO, *not .NET*

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Friday, December 10, 2010 11:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please clarify the ADO in your post and elaborate a bit on the “measure group metadata”?

I saw ADO(MD) in your post title. ADOMD is a .NET data provider for communicating with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). This forum is for posting questions about data access to SQL Server using SQL Native Client, OLEDB, ODBC, ADO, and so on. If you want to use ADOMD to retrieve data from SSAS, please post questions in the SSAS forum for more help.

I went through the documentation and I just couldn't find a way to get to the measure group metadata. I already tried to debug the api objects properties and do all kinds of openschema but found nothing.

ADO usually represents ActiveX Data Objects, a set of COM objects, which is used to access data sources like SQL Server and Access. If you can retrieve the “measure group metadata” using T-SQL, you can use ADO to return the result set.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, December 13, 2010 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please clarify the ADO in your post and elaborate a bit on the “measure group metadata”?

I saw ADO(MD) in your post title. ADOMD is a .NET data provider for communicating with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). This forum is for posting questions about data access to SQL Server using SQL Native Client, OLEDB, ODBC, ADO, and so on. If you want to use ADOMD to retrieve data from SSAS, please post questions in the SSAS forum for more help.

I went through the documentation and I just couldn't find a way to get to the measure group metadata. I already tried to debug the api objects properties and do all kinds of openschema but found nothing.

ADO usually represents ActiveX Data Objects, a set of COM objects, which is used to access data sources like SQL Server and Access. If you can retrieve the “measure group metadata” using T-SQL, you can use ADO to return the result set.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, December 13, 2010 7:18 AM
  • I will try the SSAS forum as you suggested.

Thanks!

Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:05 PM