locked
Value Number/Currency column changes when saving list item RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I have a problem (most people here do) which I can't find a solution to. My current solution works with a workflow, but doesn't work quite flawless. Therefor I hope someone can help me out!

    The situation is that I have a SharePoint list and one of the columns of this list is Currency column. This column can contain values between the 25 and 150 and allows the user to use 2 decimals maximum. So a value can be €75,00 or €74,50 or even €74,64.

    The problem was that when an item was changed and saved by a user, the value multiplied itself by a 100. So the example of €74,64 became €7464,00. Strange thing is that this only happens in my custom EditForm I've created. When I use the default EditForm (which I luckily still have) the problem doesn't occur.

    Above problem I have solved with quite a complicated workflow. But it does the job and values in the Currency column are set correctly.

    But here it comes! For some reason SharePoint now multiplies the values by 10, something my workflow doesn't solve. At this point I can extend the workflow and let it the problem be solved the same way as the 'multiplies by 100 problem'. But the problem is just something which should work properly.

    So can anyone help me out here! I would be really grateful.

    Some extra information:
    WFE server = Server 2008 x86 Standard Edition
    SharePoint version = MOSS 2007 SP1 & Infrastructure update
    (we're finally moving to a new 64-bit platform next month and at the same time will update to SP2 or SP3)

    Many thanks in advance!

    All the best,
    Quincy


    All the best, Quincy Thomas
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:32 PM

All replies

  • Hi quincyt

     

     About your issue, you can add a condition to your workflow that whether the value divided by 100 is between 25 and 150 .If not, you can use to divided by 10.

     But I still recommend that you check your custom EditForm.aspx page and find the cause of the problem.

     

    Thanks,

    Lhan Han


    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:40 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    Such things should not have happen in editform.

    While creating your edit form have you used anything against the field that is causing this?


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Hi Lhan,

    I have extended the workflow for the time being and it is working correctly now. But this is not THE solution, because it should just not happen.

    I will check what happens if I recreate my EditForm again. Maybe that will solve the problem.

    Thank you for answering my thread.

    All the best,

    Quincy Thomas

    Monday, January 23, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Hi Rahul,

    No, I didn't. I've just Closed and Hidden the default webpart in the EditForm and than added the Custom List Form webpart for my list. I didn't change anything to the code after that (except for some shuffling and hiding code for some fields). But the code per field is still the same as the moment I added the Custom List Form webpart.

    As written above, I will try to create a new EditForm and check if shows the same problem. #1 rule with computers (and especially Microsoft): If it doesn't work, just start over! If that doesn't work, nuke it and start from scratch.

    Thank you for your reply.

    All the best,

    Quincy Thomas
    Monday, January 23, 2012 11:06 AM