none
Error 80073cf9 on install RRS feed

Answers

• Solved: There was a mismatch in my IDs for my product ID. I changed my ProductID to the correct GUID and it works now.

Lesson learned CHECK YOUR IDS AND URLS IN THE MANIFEST. There is little to no error checking.

Note to Microsoft, this can be avoided in the future with a couple of steps.

• On the dashboard, make sure all the GUIDs are labeled the same as the terms in the manifest, If the manifest calls it ProductID, call it ProductID on the page not App ID. Make all the GUIDs clear on the details page so a developer doesn't have to hunt down GUIDs from multiple places.
    • Add real error checking to the manifest designer, if you are going to have that strong connection between your publishing account and Visual Studio, it needs to be checked. This will prevent errors such as this.
    • Update the error to be specific "Package could not be registered" is not a helpful, useful or a specific error. I only fixed my issue by accident.
    • Have the designer validate ALL image paths and icons before trying to deploy
    Monday, May 5, 2014 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Erik - I suggest that you open a publishing case to see if there's something that the publishing team can figure out. It seems like there's a difference between the tested app and the installed app if it passes certification.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:33 PM
  • Hi Erik - I suggest that you open a publishing case to see if there's something that the publishing team can figure out. It seems like there's a difference between the tested app and the installed app if it passes certification.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

I think there is something wrong with the upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1. I realized now that I can't deploy to my emulator as well. "Package could not be registered" error. The app builds, but when it is installed on the phone it errors. I have a feeling it is the same thing.

Others have noted it is most likely a mismatch in the appxmanifest and what SHOULD be there. The problem is, the new designer for 8.1 doesn't do any error testing really. I'm also missing the tab for icons in my designer. If you start a universal app, you have a tab for icons. For silverlight 8.1 there is nothing.

When I start a new 8.1 Windows Phone app the first thing I notice is that the project is called Windows Phone 8.1. Mine is called Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1....next, for the new project I created, the tabs in the designer are as followed

Next is the list of actual icons.

First thing you notice is that the names on the icons DON'T match the appxmanifest, yet it deploys fine.

Square71x71Logo="Assets\Square71x71Logo.png" doesn't match with the icon, there is an extra .scale-240 in the name.

Friday, May 2, 2014 9:12 PM
  • Here is what my project looks like (the Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1) project

and the icon list.

Couple of questions

1. Why does my designer look different
    2. Why does my project name have "Silverlight" in it
    3. Why do the icons files have different names than the appxmanifest and still work
    4. What are my next steps?

• Edited by Erik Umenhofer Friday, May 2, 2014 9:20 PM added some questions
    Friday, May 2, 2014 9:12 PM
  • Solved: There was a mismatch in my IDs for my product ID. I changed my ProductID to the correct GUID and it works now.

Lesson learned CHECK YOUR IDS AND URLS IN THE MANIFEST. There is little to no error checking.

Note to Microsoft, this can be avoided in the future with a couple of steps.

• On the dashboard, make sure all the GUIDs are labeled the same as the terms in the manifest, If the manifest calls it ProductID, call it ProductID on the page not App ID. Make all the GUIDs clear on the details page so a developer doesn't have to hunt down GUIDs from multiple places.
    • Add real error checking to the manifest designer, if you are going to have that strong connection between your publishing account and Visual Studio, it needs to be checked. This will prevent errors such as this.
    • Update the error to be specific "Package could not be registered" is not a helpful, useful or a specific error. I only fixed my issue by accident.
    • Have the designer validate ALL image paths and icons before trying to deploy
    Monday, May 5, 2014 8:37 PM
  • How to do this?
    Monday, June 9, 2014 1:07 PM